UNCG Administrative Support Specialist - Journey in Greensboro, North Carolina
Position is Time-Limited
The North Carolina Rated License Assessment Project (NCRLAP) is a collaborative project between the NC Division of Child Development and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. NCRLAP conducts voluntary assessments for child care centers and family child care homes within the NC Star Rated License System. In this way NCRLAP plays a central role in the licensing process of child care facilities.
The Administrative Support Specialist position includes, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Schedule assessments, which includes a thorough understanding of how to manage staff members’ calendars to maximize the number of scheduled assessments.
- Conduct confirmation calls to licensed child care programs regarding scheduled assessments.
- Manage staff member assets, maintain inventory records, research new equipment, purchase and distribute assets.
- Proficiently use all office equipment (scanners, computers, printers, copiers, etc.)
- Purchase, distribute, process, maintain accurate records for vouchers.
- Assist with maintaining accurate accounting/budget records as it relates to NCRLAP and in accordance with NCRLAP, UNCG, and DCDEE audit protocols/procedures.
- Provide technological support by training and assisting NCRLAP employees as needed to use all work related equipment. Assist with problems related to office equipment.
- Support and assist other NCRLAP staff members as needed.
- Attendance at meetings is required; therefore, there will be an occasional overnight stay and travel.
- Other duties in addition to those listed above may be required as determined by supervisor.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY AND ONE YEAR OF RELATED OFFICE EXPERIENCE; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE.
- Four-year college or university degree, preferably with major emphasis on Early Childhood Education or closely related; Business Administration or closely related;
- Two years of related work experience;
- Competent communication skills, effective presentation skills;
- Ability to organize and manage time independently;
- Flexibility to allow working with child care providers’ and NCRLAP staff schedules nd day to day operational conflicts that may arise will be necessary;
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and management skills necessary to coordinate diverse groups of individuals and/or agencies or child care programs;
- Strong computer skills including those associated with using the Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, and e-mail;
- Professional child-care experience and knowledge of the NC Star-Rated License system.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Travel to meetings/trainings is necessary for this position. This may require long days or overnight stays on occasion. A valid Driver’s License is required.
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
The applicant is also required to upload with their electronic application the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Your application to the position will not be complete until you receive an online confirmation number at the end of the process of applying for a position.
Recruitment Range: $32,479 - $36,388
Org #-Department: Human Development & Family Studies - 12403
Type of Appointment: 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year: 12