Eaton Corporation Senior Supplier Quality Engineer in Guangdong Sheng, China
The position has the responsibility for leading supplier projects for quality, delivery and capability including but not exclusive to new product introductions, product transfer, and quality or cost improvements. The Supplier Quality Engineer will be directly interacting with suppliers and other company departments to achieve company goals. Supplier Quality Engineer will lead supplier quality and development projects and work hands-on with the product development, manufacturing, production and procurement efforts of the company's innovations. The candidate will have significant involvement in of the development of suppliers, managing and monitoring supplier performance, and support supplier documentation of APQP and PPAP requirements.
Review assigned projects and provide cost effective designs and processes with suppliers based on compliance with established company standards and customer specifications including EBS, EQS, ELSS, MESH and ProLaunch.
- Lead projects to resolve systematic issues that will improve supplier quality and increase customer satisfaction, and developing robust manufacturing and business processes as needed with suppliers. Drive continuous improvement.
- Interact with other department members to solve problems and to ensure company goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Evaluate supplier performance concerns through root cause techniques to facilitate improved efficiencies and productivity.
- Work with suppliers on 8D Supplier Corrective Action Requests to ensure permanent and preventive actions.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Assessments for new and existing suppliers to drive minimum requirements and expectations for giving new business or sustaining business with Eaton.
- Manage project risks including resource constraints, meeting timelines and milestones, technical design and process risks.
- Establish, evaluate and monitor timelines in order to meet expectations of customer and the company for time, cost and quality.
- Establish communication link between stakeholders, customers, project team and production in order to meet production demands for launch. Support teams in the quest for excellence utilizing process improvement techniques (i.e. VA/VE, Kaizen, DOE, QFD, VSM, APQP, etc.)
- Work with suppliers on sample parts approval.
- Ensure consistency/standardization of how the APQP process and the ProLaunch process is utilized with suppliers on all launch projects in order to improve efficiencies and reduce cost of launches.
- Support and/or lead cost reduction initiatives by leading cost-out events and promoting a culture of continuous improvement in the areas of Lean, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Communicates in writing and verbally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)*
A. Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum two years of engineering experience as Quality engineer in the design and manufacturing of electrical product.
B. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
C. Must have good written and oral communication skills , and ability to communicate and work effectively with other employees and departments at all levels of the organization.
D. Ability to organize and schedule a demanding work load.
E. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
F. Ability to supervise and motivate the project team to meet scheduling requirement and overall company goals.
G. Willingness to work hours necessary to meet schedules.
H. Must be proficient with current Microsoft Office software including MS Project.
I. Working knowledge of design feasibility reviews, engineering drawings, specifications, control plans, and FMEA’s.
J. Working knowledge of prototype production and quality systems and ability to facilitate samples to internal and external customers.
K. Working knowledge of inspection tools : CMM, Calipers etc.
L. Have experience in ISO 9001/TS16949 quality system establishment and sustaining.
M. Knowledge of Six Sigma application in a manufacturing environment
N. Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
JOBTITLE: Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
JOBLOCATION: CHN-Guangdong Sheng
DIVISION: EPG CPD TAM
FUNCTION: Supply Chain / Logistics