Evans Bank Commercial Lines Insurance Customer Service Representative in Hamburg, New York
Why work for Evans?
- We’re the only locally-based full service, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful product management.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers, we’re not going anywhere.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work in Western New York list for three years running.
We're looking for a an experienced professional with a proven history of providing high level customer service within the commercial lines insurance field. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on daily customer interaction, identifying customer needs while providing them with customized solutions that separate Evans from our competitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize opportunities to round out and upgrade existing accounts.
- Set priorities and efficient handling of daily tasks.
- Identify E&O; exposures and select techniques to avoid them
- Respond to customer inquiry and select appropriate action to be taken.
- Prepare policies for delivery to clients including summaries and proposals.
- Interact with Producers, Account Executives and other staff as required.
- Process required documents, endorsements and verify accuracy.
- Recommend appropriate coverage enhancements or additional policies.
- Maintain an organized desk area including electronic and paper files.
- Handles agency billing
- Other duties as required or directly by management.
- Adherence to regulation as required by Insurance Law and corporate policies and procedures.
- Will open and distribute incoming mail.
- Will use automated document management system(s), including scanning, Doc360, and carrier websites to provide documents to assigned individuals.
- Embraces the organization's commitment to synergy by seeking and recognizing opportunities to refer new business to all areas of Evans.
Required Skills: Skills Requirements Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work within a team environment. Strong organizational skills and ability to work within a fast paced environment. Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Required Experience: Education/Experience/Certification: Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years experience in commercial lines or related field. Licensed Insurance Broker or ability to obtain license within one year. Ability and willingness to participate in professional development, including the pursuit of insurance-industry designations and license maintenance.
Job Location: Hamburg, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 330-018