Evans Bank Employee Benefits Account Executive in Hamburg, New York
Why work for Evans?
- We’re the only locally-based full service, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful product management.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers, we’re not going anywhere.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work in Western New York list for three years running.
Evans is searching for a customer focused and goal driven individual to join our Employee Benefits sales team. This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a competitive work environment. This is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills and a thorough knowledge of the insurance products available through the Evans Agency, LLC, and in the marketplace. This individual must be capable of pursuing and closing sales of new middle market commercial accounts, while retaining and cultivating relationships with existing customers.
Job SummaryThe Employee Benefits Account Executive will be responsible for prospecting and developing a new client base, and to maintain existing client accounts. The Employee Benefits Account Executive will provide employee benefit solutions through competitive pricing, market knowledge and quality service, as well as promote Evans products and cross sell Evans Business Banking Solutions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities _ _
- Sells group disability, life, health, dental and major medical coverage to customers to attain growth, retention and service goals.
- Negotiates with insurance company’s underwriting department on behalf of customer to gain a competitive price, plan design and services offered.
- Evaluates prospective customer's exposure, service arrangements and current coverage.
- Prepares and presents sales proposals to clients.
- Identifies and solicits new customers.
- Participates in client’s open enrollment period and employee meetings to explain benefit plans and processes. Identifies and satisfies customer’s needs through professional written, telephone and personal correspondence.
- Enhances relationships with key intermediaries within assigned sales territory.
- Renews profitable accounts by reviewing coverage, services and rating of plans. Prepares and presents renewals.
- Develops and submits necessary reports to manager such as customer prospect list, revenue reports and action logs.
- Solicits and provides referrals to other departments within the organization by understanding the full product portfolio of Evans Bank and identification of customer’s needs.
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Maintains records with accurate client information.
- Develops and maintains strong Centers of Influence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embraces the organization's commitment to synergy by seeking and recognizing opportunities to refer new business to all areas of Evans.
Required Skills: Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to meet and exceed sales goals. Proven experience in all aspects of managing the selling processing including prospecting for lead, identifying client solutions, negotiations and closing, as well as retain accounts, manage client issues and build client relationships. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information. Performs well in a team environment. Strong attention to detail. Accountable and self-motivated for high quality of work. Maintains confidentially and discretion.
Required Experience: Education/Experience/Certification: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. 3-4 years of industry related sales experience. Thorough knowledge of group employee benefits, with an emphasis on health products. New York Life and Health License required.
Job Location: Hamburg, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 300-018