Evans Bank Retail Sales Manager in Hamburg, New York
Why work for Evans?
- We’re the only locally-based full service, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful product management.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers, we’re not going anywhere.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work in Western New York list for three years running.
We're looking for a an experienced professional with a proven history of providing high level coaching and development in the areas of business development, sales, customer service, and community involvement. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on coaching associates to success by helping them to identifying customer needs while providing them with customized solutions that separate Evans from our competitors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists management in establishing objectives, strategies and performance goals to achieve increased market penetration, revenue and profitability. Provides regular reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for oversight of Wealth & Mortgage sales programs
- Regularly reviews and evaluates results of assigned financial centers based on established objectives. Where necessary develops action plans accordingly to ensure final results meet or exceed agreed-upon expectations.
- Demonstrates leadership by actively promoting development planning and training of retail associates through consistent coaching and mentoring.
- Conducts formal coaching discussions with all offices and offers regular performance feedback to direct reports.
- Assists in the hiring and development of future sales staff within Retail Network
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings with managers to ensure proper communication and support.
- Directly responsible for customer service results, within area, ensures service levels are maintained at or above acceptable standards in order to achieve excellent customer service.
- Participates in business development calls, sales activities, business development activities and business receptions ensuring that they are well organized, attended and productive.
- Oversees and implements branch promotions and other related marketing strategies to achieve branch goals. Delegates responsibilities through staff and/or selected personnel to achieve results.
- Actively participates in the community by holding an officer position within visible community organizations. Volunteers in community activities and branch community events to establish and further Evans’ presence in the market. Ensures that Branch Managers are involved, as well.
- Ensures assigned financial centers receive satisfactory internal audits.
- Works closely with the Retail Management team to ensure assigned financial centers are working and operating within bank-wide procedures and guidelines.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget for assigned market on the basis of past history and projections for the upcoming period.
- Ensures efficient operations and staffing of financial centers within market.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Embraces the organization's commitment to synergy by seeking and recognizing opportunities to refer new business to all areas of Evans.
Required Skills: Skill Requirements Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint Ability to adapt to and independently manage within a dynamic, growth-orientated environment. Proven sales skills: The ability to 'close', i.e. to present solutions that are on target for customers and to motivate customers to take action. Must possess excellent communicative and interpersonal skills. Tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees. Comprehensive knowledge of bank products. Ability to effectively perform Business Development responsibility (business calls). Understanding of budget practices Understanding of consultative selling processes.
Required Experience: Education/Experience/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience. 5-7 years of progressive responsibility in retail banking. Branch management experience required. Financial services management experience preferred. NYS Life/Accident/Health Broker’s License and FINRA Series 6 & 63 licenses preferred.
Job Location: Hamburg, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 342-018