Evans Bank Talent Specialist in Hamburg, New York
Why You Want to Work at Evans Bank:
- We’re a locally-based, community financial institution that’s 100% focused on Western New York. That means everything you do as an employee helps Buffalo Niagara thrive.
- As an Evans associate, you have the ability to positively contribute to the resurgence of our area through responsible decision making and meaningful community projects.
- We’re growing rapidly within Western New York and with nearly 100 years of finding a better way for our customers.
- Evans offers an open and collaborative environment and believes that each associate plays a key role in the success of the organization.
- Our flexible work environment allows for the ever-so-important work/life balance, and each associate is encouraged to volunteer in the community with volunteer paid time off.
- Our collaborative work environment allows you to "wear a lot of hats", creating learning and development opportunities on a daily basis.
- Plus, Evans has been named to the Buffalo Business First Best Places to Work list for three years running.
A successful candidate demonstrates a commitment to Evans Core Values while providing a consistently superb experience for potential future and current associates as well as our customers, vendors and guests. Primary responsibilities include prescreening and dispositioning candidates, posting and marketing positions as well as support to the Employee Experience, Commercial Lending, and Bank Operations teams.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides a positive first impression to candidates interested in joining Evans.
- Implements creative ideas to proactively attract candidates and create a pipeline of talent. This may include: social media posts, resume mining, outreach efforts, website postings, and other advertisements.
- Pre-screens candidates, makes recommendations to hiring managers, and schedules candidates to interview.
- Helps to maintain an inventory of talent by compiling candidate application information, including but not limited to, reference checks, salary, skill level, interview feedback to ensure quality and fit of hire.
- Effectively utilizes applicant tracking system (ATS) to post positions on the Evans website and related external websites. Ensures data is up-to-date and accurate.
- Utilizes the applicant tracking system to track and update candidates, review and screen candidates and document disposition candidates.
- Schedules interviews and conduct background checks utilizing our third party provider.
- Serves as building receptionist for our corporate headquarters including answering telephone calls, greeting visitors, and sorting incoming mail.
- Provides document imaging support for Commercial Lending department, including scanning, data entry, and quality control.
- Supports the Employee Experience team, including, but not limited to the preparation of new hire materials and paperwork, tracking for our recognition programs, preparation of learning and development materials, supply ordering, and exit interviews.
- Supports Bank Operations with daily functions, including but not limited to:
- Bank by mail, accurately processing loan payment / customer deposits.
- Preparing outgoing notices, billing statements.
- Reviews Loan TR Sheets to verify input accuracy by item processing department
- Prepares & distributes daily general ledger report (primarily excel data input)
- Additional duties as assigned by Department manager
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent with preferable focus on business protocols.
- 1-2 years of recruiting experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interface professionally, tactfully, and confidentially with applicants, associates, Managers, and Executives.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to promote company culture to attract qualified candidates.
- High attention to detail in composing, preparing, processing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent phone etiquette, incorporating Evan’s Customer Service Standards.
- Ability to work independently.
Job Location: Hamburg, New York, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 341-018