PAE, Inc Application Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
An experienced Applications Architect is needed to serve as the lead technical resource providing strategic oversight and planning for applications architecture and design. The candidate will coordinate the development of new software system applications, provide technical expertise in software architecture, document and design software specifications for Software Engineers and produce software prototypes to demonstrate application of design. The candidate will analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, and internal and external checks, controls and outputs. The candidate will also lead development of system prototypes to demonstrate application of design principles and develop the architecture plan/strategy and technical recommendations for potential application migrations to the cloud. The position also assigns technical experts for all major project reviews, monitors trends in application architecture and software development and engineering and recommends training in software development technologies.
• Develop architectural guidance for Applications Developers, defining target platforms, interface designs, development patterns and styles, and development languages and tools to be used to implement the business of the system design.
• Provide technical expertise in applications architecture, participate in the formulation of software engineering practices, assess feasibility of system plans, establish priorities and develop and implement plans that adhere to established strategic business and system objectives.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, U/I, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
• Lead development of system prototypes to demonstrate application of design principles.
• Provide complete assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered in applications design.
• Review and assess technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to existing applications.
• Oversee the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major applications development and production support tools and platforms.
• Monitor industry trends and directions and develop and present substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
• Design the technical architecture to support the migration of applications to the cloud environment, or the establishment of new applications within the cloud environment.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Services Oriented Architecture and Agile development methods.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with application design, development, and interconnectivity.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with problem analysis, structured analysis and design, and programming techniques.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with underlying infrastructure architectures and how they affect application design and development.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with industry data standards and architectures to include knowledge of design and integration principles of complex applications.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Apache Tomcat.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.