PAE, Inc Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The candidate will serve as an Advanced Technical Assessor conducting contract security assessment of Sponsor’s IT systems (to include but not limited to Accreditation & Authorization assessments, security requirements validation, and penetration testing). This position will support activities of the group to target, assess, exploit, and report risks and vulnerabilities of organization systems in order to provide senior decisionmakers with actionable data to make strategic investment decisions.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide documentation to Sponsor which describes all identified system risks, planned test procedures taken, and test results.
• Provide enhancement capabilities and SOPs to assessment operations for execution and implementation.
• Maintain accountability to ensure integrity and confidentiality of the process.
• Provide analysis of vulnerabilities identified by compliance tools.
• Review and make recommendations on program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.)
• Develop and document security evaluation test plan and procedures.
• Assist in researching, evaluating, and developing relevant Information Security policies and guidance.
• Actively participate in or lead technical exchange meetings and application review boards, documenting actions items/results of these events.
• Brief management, as needed, on the status of action items and/or results of activities.
• Assist in providing guidance on the population of required security documentation for both internal Sponsor documentation, as well as RMP reciprocity documentation. RMF reciprocity documentation includes the Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plan (SSP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), System Security Plan Questionnaire (SSPQ), Continuous Monitoring Plan, and functional tests.
• Conduct hands-on security testing, analyze test results, document risk, and recommend countermeasures.
• Coordinate with other program elements conducting security testing.
• Assess/calculate risk based on threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls uncovered in testing and provide recommendations for risk decisions to Sponsor.
• Identify mitigating countermeasures to identified threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience conducting scans with security risk detection and compliance tools, providing analysis of the results, suggesting mitigation plans for security problems.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience performing cyber security analysis of network architectures and using network management tools.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating systems and applications security test plans and performing hands-on security testing leveraging adversarial tactics.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with risk management methodologies.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with system configuration, development, and design specifically around enterprise systems and hypervisors.
Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Linux, Windows, wireless, and virtual platforms.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.