Johnson Controls SMT Supplier Quality Engineer in Holland, Michigan
Working with the supplier/s ensure that their process capability is established, agreed to, understood and monitored
- Request, review and approve supplier PPAPs for (i) new production ready components and (ii) supplier driven and YF/Customer driven engineering and/or process changes
- Lead 8D Problem Solving reviews for supplier issues. Ensure suppliers are using appropriate tools including 5-why’s, KT methodology, fishbone diagram, Shanin analysis, and other problem solving techniques.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain. Maintain an open issues list to ensure top supplier issues are addressed and ultimately resolved within the required customer window for response.
- Working with the supplier directly, create corrective action plans to address process failures. Perform tear down analysis (Level 1 and Level 2) to better understand root cause of failures prior to sending parts back to supplier, whenever possible.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes/yield, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Quality to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Quality to ensure that the suppliers capabilities are understood and any gaps in requirements are planned for closure
Ensure that alignment and agreement is reached between Supplier/s Engineering and/or Manufacturing for Yanfeng drawing sign offs, taking in to account the suppliers capabilities to meet the requirements
Strong technical background in SMT/PCBA manufacturing and Quality management. Minimum 3-years’ experience working with electronic assemblies and/or components required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred. Electrical Engineering degree strongly preferred.
- Familiar with soldering materials, PCBA process and electronics components, testing & acceptance criteria. Knowledge with or certificate with SMT, IPC- A600, IPC-A610, IPC-A620, J-STD-001 preferred.
- Motivated by driving Continuous Improvement programs and application of Lessons Learned.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis and problem solving methods and tools. Ability to effectively use Six Sigma DMAIC process to define, root cause, and resolve issues.
Job: *Quality & Continuous Improvement
Organization: *Automotive E&I
Title: SMT Supplier Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: WD30032977288