IDEXX Service Technician I in Hoofddorp, Netherlands
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
JOB SUMMARY: Works on bench servicing, repairs, maintains, tests and modifies microprocessor based electronic instruments and components. Duties involve proper diagnosis and rectification of faults, and use of test equipment. Work is provided using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI). Team work and communication with other departments are required to ensure exceptional customer service.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs prescribed general maintenance of equipment using SOP as well as WI.
- Works on bench servicing, repairing, testing and modifying of electronic, optical and mechanical equipment and components.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to ensure compliance with documented specifications.
- Performs a variety of manufacturing tasks to assemble, clean-up, package, and inspect products.
- Identifies problems and performs routine problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Maintains thorough tracking system and records necessary data in digital and/or written form.
- Provides prompt and accurate customer service by maintaining contact with the Customer Support team and distributors.
- Shares knowledge of instruments with co-workers and internal customers.
- Reads and follows company procedures, guidelines, documentations and work instructions.
- Keeps own work area organized, clean and tidy.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- MTS level education or equivalent experience (electronics preferable).
- At a minimum, two years experience in electronics/mechanical repair or related industry.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Soldering skills required.
- Aptitude for electronics/mechanical maintenance and repair.
- Excellent customer service orientation both with internal and external customers.
- Self starter with initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team-members and internal customers.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Can work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions, but involves supervisor and manager as required.
- Be able to identify improvements and seek assistance on difficult issues when necessary.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize own work.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic math skills and ability to comprehend quantitative, graphic and ratio information.
- Ability to write and develop routine reports and correspondence in English.
- Must be computer-literate and be willing to learn and utilize proficiently SAP and other software packages (MS Office) and test software.
- Must have the skills and aptitude to navigate different computer systems, accurately enter data, execute transactions, research transactions, and understand the impact of his/her transactions.
- Frequently required to lift, move and carry up to 20 kilo.
- Regularly required to stand and perform repetitive operations.
- Electronics based workshop environment.
- Regularly works with soldering equipment, multimeter and other special tools.
- Frequently exposed to cleaning and decontaminating agents.
- ESD protective clothing required. * *
*THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: *Manager Instrument Repair Service.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: None.
Job: Operations Manufacturing
Primary Location: EMEA-Netherlands-Noord-Holland-Hoofddorp NL
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2016, 7:30:21 AM
Req ID: 10129227-20160815