HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Case Mgr in Hopewell, Virginia
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES –The Case Management/UR Manager in conjunction with the Program Director coordinates all aspects of Case Management, Program and UR functions in the Department.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages all aspects of Case Management, Program and UR including, but not limited to, best practice initiatives; treatment planning; compliance with all regulations; FTE management; and referrals to the continuum.
- Proactively manages outcome measures, patient satisfaction, HBIPS and other important monthly processes.
- Actively assesse and reassesses departmental needs and provides strategies for change.
- Integral part of the management team working closely with other manager especially with referral development in the continuum.
- Provides monthly reports as determined, including UR and Case Management data.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by verbal or written instructions.
- Follows established policy and procedures in performing job functions.
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills, channels concerns appropriately and demonstrate the ability to provide input, suggestions and support
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities and demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices.
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients.
- Works collaboratively with hospital departments to assist managing behavioral health assessment needs.
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Posses a thorough knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods of treatment. * Possess good communication skills verbal and written. * Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks. * Understand and be able to train on all the state and federal standards regarding behavioral health assessment, petition, medical screening and patient rights.
EDUCATION * Required:Graduation from an accredited College or University.
EXPERIENCE * Prefer 1-3 years experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting. Prefer 1-3 years experience with Utilization Review.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE * Required: Licensed in the State of Virginia as a Licensed Social Worker or preferred, LPC
Title: Case Mgr
Location: Virginia-Hopewell-John Randolph Medical Center - Hopewell
Requisition ID: 02699-34825