Bechtel Corporation Sr. Purchasing Specialist 1 Job in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 178808
Performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers and personnel within Bechtel to establish clear definition of requirements, and to assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions. Prepares bidder pre-qualification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, makes commitments and administers purchase orders.
1. Must be able to prepare and organize assigned Procurement sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post-award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between Bechtel, the Client and supplier on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with supervisor, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
1. Capability of assisting the project Procurement team when instructed in solving administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
1. Knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code or the host nation’s equivalent commercial legislation.
2. Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management and other services.
3. Knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects of procurement.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.