Oceaneering Sr. Software Developer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Sr. Software Developer will both lead and participate in the definition, design and implementation of web-based enterprise systems, including complex database systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Define, design and build varied components of web-based and/or mobile applications. Developer should be functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Maintain and enhance both a Windows store tablet application and its backend MVC portal
- Support pre-sales demo requests with short timelines
- Work individually and within teams, fulfilling one or more roles within established development lifecycle methodologies
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests
- This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities.
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams, and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects.
- This position will report to Software Development Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years software development experience
- At least 5 years’ experience developing .NET/C# applications. UWP or WPF experience is a big plus!
- Significant experience consuming REST/JSON api’s is required
- Mobile app development is required
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Passionate about UI/UX a big plus!
- Expertise with responsive design
- Experience with SQL Server; NoSQL/Big Data
- Exposure to Azure/AWS
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes such as source control (e.g., TFS, git), build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, while being accountable to customers and co-workers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Sr. Software Developer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12180
Full/Part Time: Full-Time