Halliburton United States, Houston: Senior Software Development Engineer - Sperry Drilling in Houston, Texas
United States, Houston: Senior Software Development Engineer - Sperry Drilling
Date: Oct 25, 2016
Location: Houston, TX, US, 77032
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under general direction, you will collaborate with Digital Signal Processing engineers to develop signal processing algorithms related to transmission of data between the surface and downhole tools in a very challenging real-time drilling environment. You will apply your engineering/programming skills to convert such MATLAB algorithms into highly optimized production-ready engineering software. You will be challenged to create highly efficient, highly reliable, fault-tolerant software. Solutions will require research, investigation and innovation. You will also be exposed to other software projects and will directly affect the operation and effectiveness of our field operations. Position requires that the Technical Software Development process is followed on the development project. Skills are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline, and 4 years of related experience or through 8 years of software development experience.
• Proficient in developing C++ and C# (or Java) desktop applications.
• Proficient in MATLAB.
• Experience with acquisition, processing, analysis and presentation of real-time data.
• Knowledgeable in digital signal processing and digital communications.
• Possess a strong mathematical background and knowledgeable in algorithm optimizations.
• Experienced in user-interface development.
• Exhibit strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
• Familiar with design patterns, unit testing and agile development.
• Familiar with .NET technologies such as WPF and WCF.
• Knowledgeable in C, Managed C++ and Interop.
• Experience in the oil and gas industry.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Innovative work-environment in a global company
Competitive salaries and pension schemes
Career opportunities both domestically and globally
Highly skilled colleagues in an international environment
Focus on technology and further development
Outstanding insurance coverage including private health coverage
Occupational health service
Excellent deals at one of the country's largest fitness centers
Discounts on recreational activities including yoga, swimming and golf
Beneficial employee stock-purchase plan
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 27381
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Java, Testing, User Experience, Technology