Halliburton US Houston: Total Compensation Advisor (Global Compensation) in Houston, Texas
US Houston: Total Compensation Advisor (Global Compensation)
Date: Oct 8, 2016
Location: Houston, TX, US, 77032
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
• Coordinate with business units and geo-markets to develop and implement competitive pay structure for all variable driven roles.
• Utilize organizational job architecture methodology in updating job families and bands as required to meet specific business needs.
• Provide compensation quantitative and qualitative analyses, financial models, forecasts, reports, presentations, and provide recommendations for compensation programs to influence and drive programs that align to corporate strategy and business initiatives
• Conduct market and trend analysis of compensation programs (including base, incentive, variable and equity) on a regular or ad hoc basis to ensure there’s both market and internal alignment throughout the organization.
• Advise HR Partners and business leaders in the administration of compensation programs and compensation projects.
• Develop and lead Project plans for key compensation projects involving design and implementation within any applicable geo-market.
• Prepare employee compensation communications presentation and managerial guides for the implementation of applicable compensation programs.
• Work collaboratively with HRIS and others within Human Resources to build out and implement compensation systems modules. Provide /HRIS implementation support.
• Conduct scenario testing and administration to ensure system modifications comply with specifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in related field of study
• Minimum 8 years of progressive experience specifically in Compensation, including benchmarking, salary analysis, communication development, salary management, performance management, and program administration
• Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
• Advanced Excel expertise with a willingness to work hands on in the detail as well as in the analysis
• Proficient in MS office software products
• Creative, proactive and a problem solver who enjoys working in a fast paced environment
• Comfortable with navigating complex environments with an ability to bring structure and discipline
• Project Management
• Strong Influencing skills
• Ability to build credibility quickly
• Strong business acumen
• Strong intellectual capacity
• Ability to demonstrate a business diagnostic exercise by providing the appropriate compensation solution.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Oil & Gas industry experience preferred
• Global compensation experience highly preferred
• Professional certification, CCP, GRP , PHR, SPHR or GPHR highly preferred
• Knowledge of MS Access a plus
• Advanced proficiency in HRIS applications desired
• SAP experience is preferred
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 28063
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Human Resources
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: HR, Compensation, Information Systems, Testing, Performance Management, Human Resources, Technology