HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Scrub Tech OR/CVOR in Inverness, Florida
Over the years, Citrus Memorial has seen a lot of growth. What started as a small hospital began to grow in the 1970s when a bed tower was added to the facility. After that addition, a boom began. A second bed tower, medical office building and primary care offices throughout the county were built. Two walk-in clinics, multiple rehabilitation centers and several laboratory collection centers later - Citrus Memorial has become the second largest employer in Citrus County and a beacon of hope for our community. _ _ _ _ Job Responsibilities:
- Anticipates physician preferences based upon scheduled surgical procedures contributing to achievement of established OR goals/performance numbers and improving patient outcomes.
- Assists in operative procedures by preparing and passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors and cutting sutures.
- Assists in the maintenance and care of specimens and prepares surgical specimen for laboratory analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of the operative site in anticipation of the surgical procedure.
- Follows universal precautions, and follows patient safety standards; and ensures proper cleaning, processing, and handling of all surgical instrumentation and scopes. Applies the principles of asepsis to ensure the prevention of infection and maintain optimum patient care.
- Works collaboratively with surgical team to perform and ensure accurate surgical counts. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital acquired conditions.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Follows Universal Protocols, patient safety standards and performs any other duties or procedures, within scope of practice, incident to the surgical procedures as directed by the Circulating RN and in accordance with hospital policy and regulatory agencies.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
Graduate from approved Surgical Tech program
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support)
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP)
- or TS-C (Tech in Surgery-Certified) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Title: Certified Scrub Tech OR/CVOR
Location: Florida-Inverness-Citrus Memorial Hospital
Requisition ID: 26670-940