Allergan Senior Manager, Project Management in Irvine, California
Senior Manager, Project Management
Irvine, California, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/572/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Oct 10, 2016Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world. Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and management (organization, planning, execution, control, and evaluation) of global R&D projects to which they are assigned. He/she is accountable for managing the operational aspects of the projects and building and managing cross-functional Core Teams within the Growth Product Flow (GPF) environment.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
Timeline Management and Project Planning
· Support Project Management departmental improvement initiatives
· In concert with the Core Team develop and maintain the project Gantt chart, milestones and overall integrated Global Development Strategy (GDS). Lead the updating of the GDS on an annual basis, at stage gates and when significant deviations occur.
· Create and maintain up-to-date timelines within the Allergan enterprise project management system, ensuring alignment across sub-teams.
· Maintain project timing, cost, NPV and PTRS elements of GDS.
· Ensure consistency between the GDS and sub team plans (e.g. Clinical Development Plan)
· At each stage gate, with the Team Leader, gain approval from the appropriate Governance Board and agreement to proceed to the next stage gate.
· Notify management of significant deviations from the GDS and develop alternative scenarios, with the project team, to address deviation and gain approval on path forward.
While the Team Leader shares responsibilities for managing overall project financials, the Project Manager should partner with the Team Leader and take a leadership role as the core team member responsible for managing the process associated with project outside costs; including:
· Creating annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
· Tracking and monitoring actual spend versus budgets and forecasts
· Reviewing status at each Core Team meeting, and other sub-team meetings, as appropriate
· Ensuring all team members submit expenses to be accrued by each quarter end
· Assist ‘key spenders’ in inputting financials in local systems, if required
· Working with ‘key spenders’ to understand and capture variances
· Communicating anticipated variances with R&D Finance and the PFC, as appropriate
· Be prepared to lead explanations during quarterly finance reviews
· Manage the Core Team operational activities to ensure milestones and goals are met.
· Schedule Core Team and other relevant meetings.
· Develop team meeting agendas in alignment with Core and Sub-team Leaders and issue timely.
· Develop and issue timely, clear, concise and objective minutes outlining issues, progress, potential problems and opportunities, decisions, recommendations and action items.
· Proactively follow-up to ensure Action Items are being addressed by relevant parties.
· Actively manages issues/risks to allow the project(s) to move forward
· Support the Core and broader teams to execute the project on time per agreed to milestones/timelines and within the quarterly approved outside cost forecast.
· Act proactively and assertively to ensure those responsible for work activities of the project meet their commitments by agreed to dates and within the approved financial forecast as described in the project Gantt chart.
· Ensure the project governance documents are followed by the Core Team. Provide feedback on Core Team member performance to the Team Leader.
· Ensure management decisions are provided to Core Team (and sub teams) in a timely manner
· Monitor and record progress of project activities, milestones and forecasts and periodically report status to management
· Periodically provide project updates and issues at Therapeutic Area Operations meeting
· Stakeholder management - conveys relevant and timely information to ensure alignment/awareness of project status/issues/etc.
· Ensure and maintain open communication with and between Core Team and sub-team members
· Anticipate and prevent and/or resolve potential operational risks or issues. Identify important issues, problems, and constraints and seek support/approval for team recommendations.
· Identify issues with Core Team needing endorsement with the Governance Board. Work with Governance Board meeting managers to be placed on meeting agenda and/or to request ad-hoc meetings. Work with Team Leader and Core Team members to develop presentation materials for Governance Board and similar meetings.
· Ensure significant sub team issues are elevated to the Core Team in a timely manner for awareness and, if needed, resolution
· Define with the Core Team and sub teams the appropriate key decision points and go/no go criteria.
· Provide decision analysis expertise and tools to the Core and Sub Teams in strategic planning and operational execution.
· With the Core Team ensure timely and well-informed decision making. Provide analyses to expedite go/no go decisions.
· Prepare the Core Team for management meetings to ratify decisions.
· Train and coach Core and Sub-team members on project team processes including project governance, roles /responsibilities of Core Team members, cascading of project goals, use and application of project management tools including Global Development Plans, Gantt charts, decision trees, project costing, and forecasting.
· Assist in establishment/updates to Share Point, First Doc and IMPACT sites for each project team and approve access for Core Team members. Establish PartnerNet or Box sites for project teams, as needed.
· Maintain project-related content on SharePoint, and manage team lists.
· Generate system access requests (e.g., SharePoint, Planet, Planisware, Relay, Enrich)
· Respond (or draft responses) for miscellaneous information queries (e.g., from GPPM Analysis), including manage all WBS#-related requests
· Expert in drug development and the interdependencies of individual development activities. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for product registration on global basis.
· Expert in the application of project management software and ability, with training to utilize AGN R&D project and portfolio management systems.
· Proven negotiation, issue resolution and team building skills.
· Proactively identifies and acts to resolve project issues, including those related to timing, resources and funding, to prevent delays in project milestones. Responsible for taking active role in issue resolution.
· Independently documents project issues, agreements and decisions in team minutes in a timely manner. Able to represent project teams at senior management meetings.
· Expert in facilitating team decision making. Competent in the application of decision analysis methodologies and related tools.
· PMP certification is helpful but not required.
· Bachelor of Science, MS, or MBA plus 7+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D environment including 3-5 years as Project Manager or equivalent.