Allergan Vendor Relationship Manager in Irvine, California
Vendor Relationship Manager
Irvine, California, United States at http://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/541/other-jobs-matching/location-only
6 days agoPost Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model – Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team’s commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world’s fastest growing pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
This is a key role, managing the business relationships with a number of key suppliers and take ownership for contract compliance of other suppliers with personal accountability to, generate maximum value from contracts and deliver ongoing cost saving and other value benefit. Measure supplier performance against contractual and aspirational service delivery targets whilst assisting in agreeing and monitoring improvement plans with suppliers.
Contribute to and take ownership, when required, of designing, generating supplier status analysis and reports on Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) activity as required by the Direct of Procurement Operations.
· Create, implement and lead formal SRM program.
· Lead supplier review meetings with category management staff and business stakeholders to assess supplier performance and contract compliance and take corrective action as agreed.
· Manage cost creep and maintain service levels for specific vendors. Support the remediation of contract leakage by effective stakeholder management and working with Category Management teams.
- Driving a formal supplier assessment process, including the production of annual supplier ratings.
· Make informed decisions using detailed cost modeling to recommend and implement changes as required to improve supplier performance
· Work with the Global Procurement Category Management teams to identify commercial sourcing opportunities and support the negotiation of new contracts or contract renewals
· Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years' experience
· In-depth understanding of strategic sourcing methodology, together with a demonstrable knowledge of suppliers, industry trends and emerging players
· Previous negotiation, financial, project and resource management will be advantageous
· Strong, concise communication skills with the ability to influence and persuade whilst working across various levels of the organization.