Citi Control Officer in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Bus Strategy, Planning & Admin
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16069598
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing several critical aspects of the US Commercial Bank’s regulatory and compliance control processes. The position operates within the CCB business and works closely with the Business, Compliance, Legal, and the second and third lines to ensure a strong and effective control environment is maintained, compliance and regulatory issues are identified and addressed in advance of any reviews, and the various attestations are coordinated properly with the process leaders. This position reports to the head of the US Commercial In-Business Control function.
• Minimum of 10+ years in compliance, control, audit, or similar roles
• BA degree in related field, advanced degree a plus
• Experience managing in large organizations
• Compliance and/or auditing experience a plus
• Knowledge of the commercial Bank and the commercial business
• Ability to navigate and effectively manage Citi’s complexities and globality
• Effectively operate as one team by working across the Global Consumer Bank to get the best outcome.
• Possess a franchise and strategic management mindset with a general manager orientation.
• Value personal growth through coaching and feedback.
• Be agile and willing to adjust and adapt quickly.
• Operate with curiosity and be open to new ideas.
• Exercise high degree of accountability and act with integrity.
• Courage to speak up with candor with ability to build trust by being open and direct.
• Bring passion to everything and provide inspirational leadership.
• Successful track record in developing a team and exceeding team sales goals
• Liaising with Compliance, AML, Legal, and other SMEs on standards and regulatory interpretation and business capabilities to support and ensure an effective control and compliance environment
• Serving as CCB’s business representative on Citi-wide project teams that drive consent order/MRA initiatives (e.g., Enterprise-Wide Reviews (EWR), Trade Finance, privacy, etc.)
• Supporting strategy development for the U.S. CCB regulatory initiatives, determining business implications, and validating /vetting with key business stakeholders
• Assisting in the development and execution of training and communications efforts for a variety of stakeholders (in-business stakeholders, AML, Board, Audit, Regulators, Compliance, Segment Heads) related to Compliance and/or regulatory topics
• Embedding all regulatory related controls into CCB’s broader operational risk framework including Manager Control Assessment (MCA) and Key Operational Risk (KOR)/Key Risk Indicator (KRI) development
• Exam management, acting as the primary liaison for all regulatory, IA, and Compliance Testing reviews and activities
• Analyzing audit and regulatory results, control processes in assigned CCB segments, and MCA results to identify potential issues, leverage lessons learned and improve CCB’s U.S. regulatory compliance performance. This should include the opening of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) where needed and ensuring effective closure.
• Managing the regulatory risk framework for the US CCB and reviewing results to assess control strength and develop and implement action plans to eliminate control risk
• Managing CCB’s implementation of other key regulatory initiatives such as FATCA and Common Reporting Standards (CRS)
• Supporting strategy and regulatory interpretation and integration into CCB of various compliance related initiatives including TRA, Volker, Anti-bribery and corruption, Dodd Frank, AML, privacy and all other relevant regulations and organizing the activity around all relevant attestations and coordinating timely completion with the process leaders and the US CCB Business Head
• Leading all regulatory and compliance related issue remediation activities across CCB and coordinating with U.S. and global partners, ensuring timely and effective completion
• Developing and managing the control and compliance oversight for all CCB products by partnering with ORM and the business as needed
• Supporting the development of the CCB committee structure and inter committee linkages and managing the ongoing process for the US CCB
• Managing the CCB change control process to ensure effectiveness of policy and regulatory change management
• Support CCB fraud and Op Loss management by acting as the primary point of contact for these 2 activities for CCB