Citi Operational Risk Business Analyst (AVP) – Scenario Analysis in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Other Location: United States,Texas,Dallas
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Risk Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16068934
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The position is in the Operational Risk Management Scenario Analysis Central team within ORM's CCAR Framework and Tools group (CFT). The group is responsible for design and oversight of Citi's Framework for managing Operational Risk, a program designed to identify, assess, monitor, measure and report operational risk on a consistent basis across businesses, regions, and legal entities and for complying with CCAR/DFAST program and filing requirements plus Basel AMA.
In this role the individuals will support activities relating to the development and implementation of Operational Risk Management tools and key Citi-wide initiatives such as CCAR, Risk Appetite and Risk Capital.
Responsibilities will include the following:
Support oversight and development of the global operational risk management scenario analysis program, in support of Operational Risk Management’s mission and objectives.
Support coordination across the Businesses to ensure that the requirements of the global scenario analysis standards and procedures are fulfilled.
Support the scenario analysis working group.
Support further integration of scenario analysis into Citi’s operational risk management framework.
• Operational Risk Management is an organization within Citi’s independent Risk Management organization.
• Operational Risk’s Mission is to work proactively with businesses and global functions to enhance the effectiveness of controls and to embed a strong operational risk management culture and framework across Citi. Operational Risk is responsible for identifying, anticipating and mitigating risks that could impact business objectives, and minimizing operational risk events and losses.
• Operational Risk’s objective is to promote continuous improvement in the design and application of operational risk management activities by:
– Establishing and overseeing the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes
– Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of risk mitigation tools including internal controls
– Maintaining an enterprise-wide assessment of the most significant, current, and emerging operational risks to business activities, and ensuring appropriate actions are in place to mitigate these risks
– Identifying, anticipating, measuring, mitigating and reporting Citi’s operational risk exposure
– Determining operational risk capital requirements and allocations
• The global scenario analysis program drives the Businesses to identify and quantify their material, plausible, high severity, low probability forward looking operational risks.
Key Responsibilities :
• Proactively support the coordination of the execution of the global scenario analysis program.
• Coordinate preparation of scenario analysis materials for various governance meetings.
• Support the monitoring and reporting of the Program’s status and results.
• Support the annual Scenario Analysis Standard/Procedure review.
• Proactively resolve or escalate issues.
• Ensure that the records of the Program are maintained and available on call.
• Experience working on teams collaboratively.
• Experience in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of financial services industry products (3+ years of industry experience), with knowledge of the Citi organization and global products a significant plus.
• Knowledge of Basel / CCAR regulatory rules for operational risk a significant plus.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to support project teams in a collaborative fashion.
• Superior quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent general computer skills including MS Office – Excel and Powerpoint.
• Bachelor degree required
• 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Ability to excel in a fast paced environment, with large workloads
• Commitment to the organization and its mission
• Commitment to team work
• Knowledge of the financial services industry’s regulatory environment
• Builds relationships effectively
• Dedication to excellence
• Calm and comfortable under pressure