Citi Security Operations Center Manager in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16043107
This position requires strong leadership and prior management experience in operating a full-featured Security Operations Center (SOC) using a wide variety of security tools for monitoring a large-scale enterprise environment.
This role requires a highly motivated manager who possesses a strong leadership background and the ability to manage a diverse team of Security Analysts in a 24x7x365 SOC, responsible for ensuring the security of a large-scale network. This individual must be able to manage all activities of the SOC and must be able to ensure that the SOC is performing all required tasks in accordance with defined policies, standards, and security best practices.
This role requires the manager to provide appropriate updates to his/her management regarding security event handling, trends, analysis, incident response resolutions and lessons learned. In order to be considered as a successful candidate this person must be able to demonstrate the proper knowledge and leadership skill to support the role.
Most importantly this individual must have very good communication skills, including the ability to write and verbally articulate industry terminology to successfully brief management staff. To best perform this role the candidate will be required to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures, along with staying current with all security related news and developments.
The ideal candidate will be a technically experienced and innovative security professional who has the ability and experience to lead a team of security professionals and execute broad security goals within a global team. Candidates should be experience coaching team members at all levels (analyst, team lead, manager).
• Experience with the selection, implementation, and management of enterprise security technologies, including SIEM, anti-virus, anti-malware, DLP, IDS/ IPS, vulnerability scanners, configuration management, and encryption
• Oversee implementation of new technologies within SOC and lead automation of monitoring administrative tools
• Execute security operations processes, identify and measure critical security operations metrics and continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all core services in scope. Oversee the development and maintenance of standard procedures related to the SOC.
• Experience with performing management of 24x7 Security Operation Center services, ensuring SOC SLAs are met.
• Experience with leading the development, implementation, and management of processes that ensure security countermeasures and monitoring are effective and sustained on all applicable systems.
• Experience with leading the development, implementation, and management of incident response plans and response activities.
• Work closely with Security Leadership to identify implement process changes, improvements and efficiencies and ensure solid security practices.
• Manage and develop SOC team members, including mentoring and capability / skill development. Provide a framework for team members to be successful in achieving the team and individual performance objectives.
• Provide security expertise to the SOC team leveraging industry leading practices.
• Candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision.
• Day to day operations of the Security Monitoring practice, implementing and measuring a Quality Assurance and Constant Improvement methodology
• Lead the team by providing direction and guidance to team members in handling issues
• Ensure staffing coverage in each shift
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics (or equivalent work experience).
• 10+ years of experience of network/security architecture or operations experience.
• Certifications: CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GWAPT, GCIH, GSEC, OSCP, OSCE, OSCP, or similar certification preferable
• Security Operations Center experience required
• Experience working with log management, security monitoring, vulnerability management and security incident/event management tools
• Proven leadership, communication, issue resolution and performance management skills
• Travel requirements =25% that would include team offsite meetings, training and presentations
• IT Security and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certifications are a plus
• Candidate should have strong communication skills and exhibit a professional demeanor.
• Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with a minimal impact on reliability.
• Excellent project management skills, ability to work in a fast-paced and hectic work environment, ability to prioritize tasks effectively; and an ability to work seamlessly across organizational boundaries.
• Must be flexible in outlook and attitude.
• Excellent Presentation skills and ability to present to senior management.
• Excellent planning/time management skills.
• Excellent client-facing skills.
• Very good understanding of the compromises between reliability, efficiency and cost.
• Candidate should possess the following soft skills: Management, Leadership, Communications, Professionalism, Creativity, and Drive.