Ally Financial Accounting Operations Manager in Itasca, Illinois
Jul 18, 2016
Reporting to the Accounting Operations Manager is responsible for leading a team of seven employees to execute collection activities for automotive dealer and customer aged receivable balances. The position ensures the team actively works account portfolios to optimize collection results and reduce losses.
Responsibilities also include presenting collection results to senior management and negotiating settlements with bankrupt/cancelled parties.
The position also leads, participates in innovative projects and process improvements to improve billing/collection systems and reporting. Will be responsible for a team of 5-7 collectors. The position will require process improvements initiatives.
- Oversee all activities related to the billing and collections of accounts receivable balances for US and Canadian dealerships. Ensure Collections Team effectively executes collection responsibilities for their assigned customer portfolio.
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external parties to address collection issues.
- Successfully lead the negotiation of payment settlement activities related to bankrupt, out of business, or cancelled business partners.
- Conduct monthly presentations with senior management and internal parties to explain collection metrics, results, and collaborate on action plans.
- Ensure collection service goals are met via monitoring telephony system and reports for inbound and outbound customer calls.
- Create, enhance, and maintain key collections reports, metrics and dashboards for monitoring operational and financial results.
- Proficiently understand upstream and downstream systems and business processes and their relationship with collections functions.
- Lead or participate in various projects including those assigned and self-initiated. Focus on innovative projects that create efficiencies, enhance customer experience, and drive business/system improvements.
- Business degree
- 3 -- 5+ years accounting operational experience required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve issues of a complex nature
- Solid experience with leading and/or working with various teams to improve system and business processes from a customer billing and collections perspective.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems and applications, and other business-related software systems.
Solid interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively influence and interact with internal and external business partners. Preferred:
Accounting or Finance degree
- CPA designation
- SAP General Ledger and SAP Collections and Disbursement system experience
- Large corporate insurance and/or automotive industry exposure
- Excellent project management, organizing, process mapping, and planning skills. Must be self-directed.
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insurance is a leading provider of automobile-related insurance and reinsurance products for automobile dealers and their customers. The unit goes to market as Ally Auto - Dealer Products - Services.Ally Insurance works with automotive dealers and their customers to provide solutions through our portfolio of products. We market vehicle service and maintenance contracts, such as the industry-leading GM Protection Plan and Repair Advantage.DP-S has a wholly owned subsidiary, Universal Warranty Corp., which uses a national network of independent sales agents to market vehicle service contracts, such as VehicleOne, and other products that are uniquely tailored to the needs of hundreds of franchise and independent retail automobile dealers across the United States.DP-S also services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5822
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Illinois (Itasca)