Ally Financial Automotive Mechanical Claims Specialist in Itasca, Illinois
Mar 29, 2016
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insurance is a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. The business focuses on developing and maintaining robust and lasting relationships developed directly with our dealers. By partnering with them, we are best able to offer them comprehensive solutions for their business, and valuable products and services to consumers.
The business offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models. Ally Insurance also offers other ancillary products, such as our Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Tire - Wheel products. Ally Insurance services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their businesses succeed.
The Automotive Mechanical Claims Specialist contributes to the profitability of the Ally Insurance Team. The Mechanical Specialist provides policy assistance and technical claim support on the vehicle service contract program and other insurance programs (Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Tire & Wheel, etc.) to dealers, repair facilities, retail customers and financial institutions.
- Effectively communicate with repair facilities to acquire pertinent repair information
- Respond to inbound calls and written correspondence from customers, repair facilities and financial institutions to assist with policy administration and claim inquiries.
- Document customer interactions and decisions made
- Achieve total customer satisfaction when handling contract and claim matters.
- Communicate information effectively, keep appropriate parties informed.
- Follow all internal, state and UDAAP guidelines
- May be responsible for claim exceptions/special claim approvals.
2 + years' experience in automotive repair industry required if candidate has a HS diploma or equivalent degree. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields may be used as a proxy for the years of experience requirement.
- Strong mechanical background with ability to communicate effectively with repair facilities to acquire pertinent information
- Ability to negotiate and make quick decisions
- Type 40 WPM
- Performs clerical, administrative and technically based activities and/or supporting tasks
- Typically requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5401
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Illinois (Itasca)