Ally Financial Bilingual Customer Service Specialist (French) in Itasca, Illinois
Aug 24, 2016
The Automotive Mechanical Claims Specialist contributes to the profitability of the Ally Insurance Team. The Mechanical Specialist provides policy assistance and technical claim support on the vehicle service contract program and other insurance programs (Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Tire & Wheel, etc.) to dealers, repair facilities, retail customers and financial institutions.
- Effectively communicate with repair facilities to acquire pertinent repair information
- Respond to inbound calls and written correspondence from customers, repair facilities and financial institutions to assist with policy administration and claim inquiries.
- Document customer interactions and decisions made
- Achieve total customer satisfaction when handling contract and claim matters.
- Communicate information effectively, keep appropriate parties informed.
- Follow all internal, state and UDAAP guidelines
- May be responsible for claim exceptions/special claim approvals.
2 + years' experience in automotive repair industry required if candidate has a HS diploma or equivalent degree. Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in business or other related fields may be used as a proxy for the years of experience requirement.
- Strong mechanical background with ability to communicate effectively with repair facilities to acquire pertinent information
- Ability to negotiate and make quick decisions
- Type 40 WPM
- Performs clerical, administrative and technically based activities and/or supporting tasks
- Typically requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Insuranceis a leading provider of automobile-related insurance, vehicle maintenance and reinsurance products, and services for automobile dealers and their customers. The business focuses on developing and maintaining robust and lasting relationships developed directly with our dealers. By partnering with them, we are best able to offer them comprehensive solutions for their business, and valuable products and services to consumers.
The business offers vehicle service and maintenance contracts, including our flagship, industry leading product, Ally Premier Protection which is available for new and used vehicles of virtually all makes and models. Ally Insurance also offers other ancillary products, such as our Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Tire - Wheel products. Ally Insurance services the insurance needs of our dealers' businesses by offering dealer inventory insurance, and liability and property protection, as well as provides training and consultative services to help their businesses succeed.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-6007
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Illinois (Itasca)