Ally Financial Business Process Analyst- Auto in Jacksonville, Florida
Aug 26, 2016
The Senior Product Analyst will support operational oversight, process innovation and strategic direction across a broad scope of areas (capacity planning, data governance, employee goals and performance, compliance, regulatory, and legal). The Analyst will provide appropriate analyses and insights using complex statistical methods to ensure Consumer Credit teams maximize revenue opportunities, productivity and efficiencies while minimizing losses and operating costs. This position will be responsible for preparing enterprise-wide dashboards and analyses. As well as act as an analytical and procedural expert for Credit Operations processes and project deliverables.
- This role is a support function to our Product Innovation and Delivery team with a primary focus on developing the reporting and monitoring framework for digital initiatives and automated decision engine.
- It requires a high level of business acumen and an ability to source and organize complex data into logical outputs.
- Role responsible for partnering with digital team to design, develop and deploy an automated credit decision monitoring solution
- Role responsible for monitoring portfolio and automated credit decisions for adherence to compliance, regulations and alignment to corporate strategic initiatives.
- Role responsible for creation of new management and monitoring reporting using various tools such as SAS, SQL, advanced Excel with a desire to learn new analytic tools (Microsoft BI, Tableau, SAS VA, etc)
- This position will serve as subject matter expert for the following:
- Credit policy and decision engine logic
- Acquisitions and funding process
- Portfolio mix and strategic insights
- Develop and maintain the CCO ribbon and comprehensive suite of reports to ensure management and the matrix partners have the appropriate tools to efficiently and effectively manage their operations.
- Analyze market data and current business trends to identify revenue opportunities, process improvements, staffing efficiencies and cost reduction.
- Participate in cross departmental initiatives and partner with IT and matrix partners to ensure data being sourced is complete, accurate and documented appropriately and provide recommendations.
- Innovate, develop and implement complex technical solutions to support ongoing business initiatives and mitigate corporate process and technical gaps.
- Provide detailed analysis of retail funding and underwriting practices to ensure regulatory compliance and alignment to corporate strategic direction.
- Continually identify and implement best practices and drive efficiencies develop employees
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred, MBA is a plus. 5+ years in customer service or financial services industry is needed.
- 3+ years SAS / SQL experience required;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Cognos; Auto Finance industry, consumer credit, trend analysis/analytics experience;
- High level of written and oral communication skills;
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills; Strong analytical skills;
- Negotiation/conflict resolution skills;
- Project management skills;
- Must be an independent worker with strong time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in fast paced environment; Must be familiar with extracting, analyzing, and reporting on data from the Ally IW (internal candidates only)
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Auto's U.S. auto finance operations provide a wide array of financial products and services to automotive dealerships and retail automotive customers in the United States. Together with Dealer Products and Services, the U.S. auto finance team has built strong dealer relationships by offering high-quality wholesale financing services, attractive volume incentives and a full array of highly competitive products like extended service contracts, dealership insurance products and more.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5999
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Florida (Jacksonville), Texas (Lewisville)