Amtrak Road Foreman - 90206558 - Jacksonville in Jacksonville, Florida
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Road Foreman manages engine and train service crews to ensure the safe and efficient operation of locomotives and trains in specific areas.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Responsibilities include providing leadership, mentoring and guidance to engineers.
• Oversee operation in coordination with the Road Trainmaster in compliance with rules and regulations.
• Ensures bulletins, equipment, postings, etc., adhere to labor, federal and Amtrak regulations.
• Monitor employees for compliance with policies and operating practices.
• Initiate action for non-compliance in a consistent and fair manner.
• Proficient in putting data in TDRS, TESTs, ARROW, CICS and SIRS if managing AC/C, without support from peers and supervisor.
• Must be qualified on physical characteristics of all responsible territory, including all operating rulebooks and timetables required by territory covered and makes accurate rule interpretations with limited support from peers/supervisors.
• Completes and reviews video downloads independently and accurately.
• Completes all documentation required for investigations.
• Uses related technology to provide back-up data for investigations.
• Acts as expert on territory supervised. Demonstrates ability to perform effective proficiency tests on area qualified.
• Demonstrates use of effective troubleshooting techniques and is capable of troubleshooting equipment failures.
• Leads panel interviews and selects candidates for positions based on skills, knowledge, and experience required for position recruiting for.
• Successfully completes Charging Officer School.
• Manage employees and train operations to optimize OTP and make recommendations to improve performance.
• Respond to service disruptions within area of responsibility.
• Implement safety plans.
• Provide written and oral reports.
• Interview, select and manage new-hire Locomotive Engineers.
• Manage and oversee Locomotive Engineer certification requirements.
• Administer engineer recertification courses and operating rules classes.
• Conduct efficiency tests, ensure compliance and maintain employee records.
• Ensure engine crews attend training classes, documenting, and reporting training; communicate with carrier railroad managers regarding territory operations.
• Manage crew base budget for Locomotive Engineers.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Certified Class I Train Service Engineer. Minimal years of operating experience, with no violations described in CFR49 Part 240, 117, as Train Service Engineer and/or as Road Foreman.
• Prior satisfactory work experience in train or passenger service.
• Demonstrated experience as a train service crew member or Train Director/Dispatcher.
• Demonstrated business and financial management experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CFR49 requirements and labor contracts (BLE, UTU and TCU).
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
• Demonstrated written and communication skills that are concise and clear.
• Demonstrated skills using Microsoft software: Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Satisfy qualification requirements as DSLE within six months of becoming Road Foreman.
• Satisfy qualifications on physical characteristics of assigned territory within six months of becoming Road Foreman.
• Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of CFR49 requirements, and BLE labor contracts.
• Demonstrate knowledge of Amtrak policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate general knowledge of locomotive and rolling stock.
• Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills that are concise and clear.
• Will supervise directly and indirectly approximately 45 employees.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated supervisory experience, leading and managing others with different levels of expertise.
• Qualified as a Designated Supervisor of Locomotive Engineers.
• Demonstrated experienced with train operation, crew base, crew management, operations, train handling and service delivery.
• Ability to develop and manage and operating budget.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Yes
Requisition ID: 24281
Posting Location(s): Florida
Personnel Area: FL05
Job Family/Function: Transportation
Relocation Offered: Yes
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || No Additional