Citi Senior Compliance Analyst - Global KYC - Client Risk Scoring in Jersey City, New Jersey
Primary Location: United States,New Jersey,Jersey City
Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16063401
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This new position is needed to strengthen the Customer Risk Scoring (CRS) model pillar within the company’s Global KYC (Know Your Customer) (AML Core) department. The CRS model is a data driven model built on statistical and probabilistic algorithms that has been designed to generate AML risk score and rate all clients of Citi, over 200 million individuals and 3 million entities globally across both bank and non-bank legal entities.
The person will be responsible for the continued maintenance and tuning of the model that includes: leading a team of quantitative analysts who perform periodic tuning of the model, ensuring soundness and validity of model changes, managing expectations within Compliance, Operations and Businesses, defending model output to stakeholders and regulators, and developing processes and procedures for model maintenance and tuning.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing client data and producing risk profiles and ratings via the Customer Risk Scoring Model
• Ensuring that any model methodology changes are statistically valid and align with generally accepted industry and regulatory practices for model soundness.
• Assessing the feasibility for inclusion into the model of third party reports such as regional and country economic indices.
• Ensuring the model output is reasonable and defensible and based upon sound econometric proofs, theorems and formulae.
• Producing risk trend reports from statistical software, with an ability to describe the results to non-statisticians across stakeholder populations.
• Self-assessing aforementioned processes looking for ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency of process developed, including tuning and calibrating the model, as needed.
• Coordinating with KYC Policy on policy and standard updates and potential changes to the model
• Working with operations and technology to understand the impact proposed changes to the model have on existing processes.
• Managing the day to day aspects of the program including oversight of staff and contractors.
• Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent.
• Experience with data analytics using tools such as Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL Server and/or experience with statistical analysis and optimization of financial/Risk data using software such as SAS, R.
• Experience managing small to medium sized teams of staff and/or consultants.
• Proven ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial services industry or in a role directly supporting financial industry.
• Ability to operate in a complex matrix environment.
• Some experience in operations areas: project management, operations, technology
• Familiarity with Data Privacy and Personally Identifiable Information constraints.
• If the need arises, must be able to travel internationally such as London, Hong Kong, and Mexico City.