IDEXX Executive Assistant and Events Manager in Johannesburg, South Africa
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 6,500 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
Executive Assistant to the General Manager SA SSA and providing administrative support to Management team, and necessary and business support to the rest of the SA SSA team (currently 70 persons).
Ensuring daily smooth operation of team and providing support on an ad hoc basis to the entire department, effectively the face of SA SSA European Headquarters. Specific areas of assistance include general administrative support to senior management of the SA SSA team, travel, minutes, templates, presentation support, administration and support; and meeting and event coordination.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:*
- Travel co-ordination travel. Booking and arranging all flights, visas, car parking, hotels, meeting rooms, transfers for multi-leg trips.
- Ensuring all appointments and meetings are scheduled, fully arranged and catered for with internal and external stakeholders, customers and clients.
- Managing a heavy (own) inbox receiving in excess of 100 emails a day and ensuring that all items are actioned, followed up, managed and chased where necessary until desired outcome is received.
- Organizing and facilitating entire management schedule and agenda for the year, including management meetings, scheduling 1:1’s between Managers and all direct reports, minutes and action list of meetings as well as management of all Sales and Group meetings.
- Screening and pre-approval of all expense reports submitted to the Manager’s from direct reports and other team members, whilst ensuring company policy is complied with.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for the entire team for both internal and external stakeholders, clients and customers. Using effective communication you will be the main contact point for the team.
- Facilitating all contracts from the point of legal approval to signature (including internal approval procedures and completion of ancillary documents) either electronically or by original. Storing and documenting all contracts locally as well as electronically.
- Creating and effectively planning new starters on boarding schedules, ensuring that (i) full orientation is completed (ii) meetings with all relevant departments are organized and (iii) all technical equipment hardware and licenses are obtained (iv) travel to and from the HQ as well as any other necessary activities.
- Planning and implementing special projects as required by the General Manager and be the liaison for him as required. These projects include (but are not limited to) ie. all outsourced requests for market research and Gold Key Searches with relevant embassies to the USA Government. Ensuring all projects are completed to full satisfaction and in a timely manner.
- Supporting General Manager as necessary with preparation of correspondence, power point presentations and organizational charts as well as any other documents that may be required;
- Creation of all business cards for team as well as any other ad hoc requests for correspondence or power point presentations for the entire team.
- Coordinating meeting logistics in conjunction with Facilities/Reception, including room availability, equipment, food and beverage and all other meeting requests.
- Creation of monthly newsletter ‘SA SAA Chatter’, providing and sourcing content relevant and informative for the team and compiling and distributing to the team.
- Processing accounting issues and managing all invoices for payment via the appropriate country and entity.
- Organizing all conferences, seminars and events for the team – please see Event Management and Large Scale Meeting support for specifics.
- Booking restaurant reservations and other entertainment.
- Any other duties as may be required and Ad Hoc support to entire team.
Event Management & Large Meeting Support
Planning and coordinating a wide range of events at a wide range of budgets from start to end for all meetings within region or that SA SAA are involved in.
Researching destinations by providing air and hotel cost comparisons. Once destination is selected, managing and coordinating all contractual negotiations with all suppliers involved in the process including Hotels, AV Suppliers, Team Building Companies, transfer companies, translators, external entertainment and restaurants ensuring that most favorable terms are reached for a successful event.
Arranging all rooms, meeting space, catering and audio visual requirements for events.
Designing and planning all conferencing requirements around training agenda and necessary requirements.
Advising on flight suggestions, booking and coordinating all travel arrangements, transfers for delegates/attendees for meetings.
Communicating effectively with IDEXX managers, travel coordinators, administrative assistants and attendees about all logistics for each event.
Managing event operations and logistics; pre-event, on-site, and post-event.
Arranging airport transfers and other transportation required for meetings.
Booking restaurant reservations and other entertainment.
Providing breakdown of costs of meeting after events.
Providing accurate cost center breakdown for all meeting and event costs directly billed to IDEXX for internal accounting purposes.
Continual assessment of meeting planning process and evaluation of resources to increase efficiency and costs.
EDUCATION: Relevant education: Organizational, event, Co-ordination.
This position requires a person, who is confident at communicating effectively at senior management level, is pro-active, efficient, organised and is able to work using initiative. Additionally the ability to juggle multiple tasks and to be one step ahead is essential. This person will also be exposed to confidential information therefore needs to be trustworthy. This role requires 6-10 years experience of Executive support at senior management level in a multinational company or international business environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES*:*
Proven experience as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Executive within an international environment.
Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
Capable of establishing and maintaining strong working relationships at all levels and providing professional, accurate and timely service at all times.
Outstanding ability to multitask and constantly prioritise with an often conflicting workload.
Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs of function and remain calm under pressure. Must be stress resilient, tenacious and flexible.
High degree of accuracy and attention to detail at all times, even with the most routine tasks.
Trustworthy and able to handle confidential/private issues with the utmost discretion
Analytical ability; organization and ability to prioritize.
- Autonomous and capable of taking initiative and working independently a must.
- Flexible attitude and willing to work longer hours from time to time when the job requires.
- Excellent computer skills required Advanced Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Intermediate Excel. Some knowledge of SAP and Concur, iPad and iPhone.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*: *
Extensive computer use
Normal office environment or home working environment. Some Travel is required.
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO:* *
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:_ _
None at present however potential to have reports in future
Primary Location: EMEA-South Africa-Gauteng-Johannesburg ZA
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Sep 29, 2016, 12:15:59 PM
Req ID: 10119461-20160929