Continental Corporation Quality Engineer in Kaluga, Russia
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Tire Division currently has 24 production and development locations worldwide. While the Continental premium tire brand is clearly focused on leading safety performance, the broad brand portfolio and product range offer solutions for most of the market segments. Continuous investments in R&D make a major contribution to cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility.
Auto req ID 49830BR
Job Title Quality Engineer
Posting Location Kaluga
- Develop, implement and timely update FMEA, control plans, procedures and work instructions, checklists in the area of resposibility
▪ Ensure conformity of the products to specifications
▪ analyze, evaluate scrap level and create the action plan, follow up on it
▪ organize sorting of nonconformity materials and make the final decision
▪ block/unblock the warehouse, production
▪ follow up on the relevant quality indicators.
▪ Initiate, track and implement corrective actions in case of quality deviations
▪ Supervise and perform of investigations and trials for process and product improvement, in
- cooperation with production and PI department.
▪ Initiate and implement activities in case of major quality issues and oversee corrective actions.
▪ Take active part in the startup and in the approval of new products and processes
▪ Assure plant area compliance to ISO/TS 16949, legal, customer and internal requirements
▪ Participate in internal and external audits and support the corrective actions following during the audits
▪ Ensure quality assurance and inspection policies and procedures are followed throughout the area of
▪ Decide on final disposition of offstandard products, in cooperation with QM and PI
▪ Assure appropriate inprocess key quality characteristics are overinspected at the required frequency
and appropriate actions are taken
▪ Train and develop professionally quality inspectors
- Ensure risk management
▪ Ensure safety trainings are conducted for all area employees
▪ Secure and control area employees follow labor safety, fire safety and relevant industrial safety rules
take part /steer local quality related and crossfunctional projects;
▪ learn new technologies and tools in quality and ensure their inplementation;
▪ configure and present task quality reports on demand and on regular basis
High technical education
At least 2 years experience as a quality engineer in automotive industry preferably
Has worked ideally in different functions, tasks or roles (through projects or internships).
Basic understanding of project management that enables to support a project as member / leader.
Has shown intercultural sensitivity and inclusive behavior.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.