Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Staff Chemist - International
Job Type: *Overseas Regular
Location: Kansas City, MO
If you would like to join a team of scientists that are making a difference in our country’s national defense, consider this position at MRIGlobal of Staff Chemist-Field Operations. Here is an opportunity to get paid very well for completing 2 4 month rotations within an 18 month period (while maintaining your medical benefits). You will be asked to collect and run environmental samples utilizing multiple analytical techniques. This position involves the following:
* Training technical staff on analytical procedures and instrumentation
* Conducting experimental work, including setting up procedures, performing experiments, and keeping records of experiments
* Reviewing data for accuracy and completeness
* Conducting standard data analysis
* Analyzing, checking, testing, evaluating data, and performing peer review of data.
* Ph.D. in specified study area or
* M.S. in specified study area plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
* B.S. in specified study area plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
* Demonstrated hands-on experience with GC/MS, LC/MS/MS, FTIR, RAMAN, XRD, SEM, IC/MS and/or analytical sample preparation.
* Ability to analyze samples, troubleshoot, and make basic repairs to laboratory instruments.
* Demonstrated success with technical capabilities in working in either a structured (office/lab) or unstructured (field) environment.
* Demonstrates creative problem resolution; meets client expectations in a timely fashion.
* Proficient PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems.
* Strong problem solving aptitude. Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for all aspects of job assignments.
* Ability to effectively communicate and interact with technical staff at all levels in a team-based environment.
* Proven ability to train entry-level staff.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously either in structured or non-structured work environment.
* Well organized and methodical, yet flexible to changing priorities.
* Manages time well.
* Willing to work evenings and weekends,
* Must be willing to travel and work for 4 to 6 months internationally.
* Must have or be able to obtain a Security Clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a requirement.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA, E-Verify employer, M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.