Indian Health Service Supply Technician in Kayenta, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Kayenta, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/11/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (5 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
This position is located at the General Services Department. The purpose is to provide medical supplies to the Hospital and associated clinics and to maintain an inventory to assure adequate supplies for services provided. The Incumbent works under the leadership of the Support Services Supervisor.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for receiving, labeling, bar coding/scanning, supply identification/tracking systems, warehousing, inventory, and issuance of medical supplies.
- Receives and verifies shipment of medical supplies from the Gallup Regional Supply Service Center; notes shortages, overages, damages or discrepancies.
- Manually store, rotates and arranges warehouse stock items
- Conducts periodic perpetual inventory of medical supplies in stock and throughout the patient care storage areas.
- Utilizes material handling equipment to safely deliver supplies to the respective units.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of a warehouse locator and inventory record system.
- Provides constant review of usage rates and other factors contributing to increase or decreased levels of usage.
- Assists with product recalls and disposition of obsolete, excess or surplus supplies under the medical supply management program.
- Incumbent must have a valid State Driver's License
- Not Required
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Experience and Education Requirements:
*For GS-05: *Candidate must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level to quality for the GS-05 level. For education, candidate must have 4 years above high school.
*For GS-06: *Candidate must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 grade level to quality for the GS-06 level. For education at the GS-06, generally it is not applicable.
Specialized Experience: Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
*Education: *Successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite is creditable. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Monday, October 24, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-06 grade level. Promotion to the next grade level is at management's discretion and is based on your demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and "Regulatory/Administrative" approval. Promotion to the next higher grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Position is subject to standby, callback, overtime, etc.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $32,318.00 to $46,831.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2005-05/06
Promotion Potential: 06
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Perference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligibles; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligibles; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel
Control Number: 452963500
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-KA-1821837-ESEP/MP