HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Diet Technician in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas_ __ _Diet Technician – Food and Nutrition Services_
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently looking for aDiet Technician – Food and Nutrition Services.
- Performs menu corrections, assists with basic nutrition care of patients.
- Responsible for diet office organization and communications between the nursing units and Food and Nutrition Services.
- Must react accurately with changes to ensure efficient timing of services, accuracy of Doctor’s orders for modified diets, tube feedings, etc.
- Adheres to Food & Nutrition Services policies and procedures.
- Maintains communication between food and nutrition services and other points of customer and patient services through establish policies and procedures.
- Prepares dietary information for use by kitchen personnel in preparation of foods for hospital patients
- Examines diet orders plus menus received from hospital units & tallies portions as well as foods of general soft diets
- Tallies quantities of specific foods, like vegetables meats, to be prepared in kitchen
- Marks tally on master menu to inform kitchen personnel of food requirements
- Processes new diets changes as required
- May calculate diabetic diets, using calculator, and also following standards established by Dietitian, Clinical profess. kin. 077.127-014
- May answer telephone as well as intercom calls relay information to kitchen concerning meal changes, complaints, or patient discharge
- May prepare as well as deliver formula special nourishments to unit pantries.
Knowledgeable in sanitation and food safety (HACCP) standards in addition to food quality and quality control by use of establish procedures and guidelines.
Associate Degree or BS Degree in Nutrition preferred
- Two to 5 years of food service experience regarding patient menus, diet changes, and general patient service in a hospital, extended care facility, or other like type quality food service operation
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets and basic nutrition principals.
- Strong reading and writing abilities required.
- Ability to answer telephone and interact with patients and staff congenially.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- City of Houston Department of Health and Human Sanitation: “Certified Food Service Handler” preferred
Title: Diet Technician
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-67949