HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Emergency Services - Registered Nurse - Kissimmee, FL in Kissimmee, Florida
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
· Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
· Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
· Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
· Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
· Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
· Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
· Defines standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
· Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
· Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
· Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
· Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
· Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
· Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
· Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
· Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
· Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Master’s degree(MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field)
· 3years of experience in emergencyservices
· 3years of experience in aleadershiprole
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
· Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
Title: Director of Emergency Services - Registered Nurse - Kissimmee, FL
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Osceola Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01323-9528