HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Surgical Services, Kissimmee, FL in Kissimmee, Florida
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
· Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
· Advances the patient experience agenda in Surgical Services.
· Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
· Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
· Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
· Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
· Defines standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
· Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
· Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
· Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
· Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
· Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
· Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
· Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
· Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
· Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or related field
Master’s degree (MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field)
3 or more years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing.
3 years of experience in a leadership role
Title: Director of Surgical Services, Kissimmee, FL
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Poinciana Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26450-9678