PAE, Inc Fire Alarm Technician in Kuwait, Kuwait
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Fire Alarm Technician
PAE seeks a Fire Alarm Technician to perform Fire Systems services as required. This position is located in Kuwait.
• Creating a 30-day schedule for an initial site inspection of all facilities.
• Create and maintain an annual inspection work order database built for detection, alarm and protection systems to establish an inspection schedule.
• Create and maintain list of impaired systems, corrective actions needed, outstanding discrepancies and recommendations for system improvements.
• Perform all quarterly, semi-annual and annual inspections and testing to include exhaust suppression system inspections, tests and semi-annual maintenance on all kitchen ventilation hoods and fire suppression systems in accordance with the PWS, manufacturer's instructions, applicable NFPA Standards, and UFC 3-601-02.
• Check all fire extinguishers assigned to that location to include swap out of extinguishers greater than six years old, those that have been used, blown off, or are leaky.
• Update the data base and attach new service tags as required. Attach monthly and annual maintenance tags to each system indicating last inspection date and time and next inspection date due.
• Maintain a signed and dated log of maintenance/certifications indicating the inspection/cleaning within two days of completion.
• Data collection of Maintenance and Inspection activities: records the date completed, name of technician performing the work, and the results of the inspection/test performed.
• Previous supervisory experience in an austere OCONUS environment with a multi-national workforce.
• US Citizenship, a valid US or local driver's license and US passport;
• Active Secret Clearance
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
• This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 12 hours per day. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.