AbbVie Associate Director, Global Medical Affairs Planning & Operations in Lake County, Illinois
Global Medical Affairs’ mission is to generate, communicate, and deliver clinically relevant information, solutions and services around AbbVie's rich portfolio of marketed products and a robust pipeline of assets including investigational therapies in pre-clinical, early and late clinical phases of development. The Associate Director, Global Medical Affairs Planning & Operations works directly with the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) leadership team as well as effectively partners with Therapeutic Area (TA)] Teams, Medical Affairs Planning & Engagement, USMA Planning & Operations, Finance and other cross-functional partners to achieve business goals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide day-to-day operational support for Global Medical Affairs and play a critical role in supporting governance to enhance decision-making (e.g. project plans, timeline execution, operational implementation, etc.)
- Lead execution of standard planning & operational processes and tools including timelines, budgets, risk management plans, and communication plans for operational initiatives.Anticipates potential issues that may occur during various stages of planning and implementation and provides frequent communication to management regarding progress or concerns
- Provide day-to-day operational support of Global strategic and tactical medical functional planning activities across Global TAs working closely with Global Commercial Operations on overall Brand Plan framework and guidance. Align with USMA as appropriate.
- Provide day-to-day operations and execution support of the Medical Affairs Team (MAT) Enabling Team (ET) including managing and leading work streams and developing and coordinating MAT Leaders Forums.
- Lead day-to-day execution and support of Launch Readiness guidance and training utilizing the MA Launch Readiness framework working with Global PMs and TAs.
- Lead day-to-day planning support for GMA annual Financial Plan and LRP working closely with GMA Project Management organization, Finance team and Global Commercial organization.
- Provide day-to-day operational support working with, Strategic Planning & Operations team members, HR and Finance to track and manage: o GMA Headcount o GMA Operations Budget o Monthly GMA RTG Process o Overall GMA Budget including Capital
- Lead ABV1/Abbott Park space planning for Medical Affairs partnering with USMA, US Commercial and AbbVie Engineering to ensure we proactively plan for resources over the LRP. Provide day-to-day leadership for placement of new GMA employees as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and management of methods to optimize key business processes to continuously improve operations along with MA P&E, USMA, GMA and cross-functional partners, including Green Belt and Black Belt assignments and progress.
- Partner with functional management, global and commercial teams and other cross-functional team members to influence implementation of new processes, tools.Responsible for creating an environment of co-operation and mutual respect across the functions to achieve GMA objectives
Basic: * Prefer advanced degree (Masters, PhD, MD, PharmD) in a health-related, scientific or engineering field or MBA/Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years direct health-related experience. * 5 years planning or operational or portfolio management experience. * Previous Experience in Medical Affairs or in Commercial Operations. * Previous experience working in a Global role in a matrix environment. * Lean Six Sigma certification or experience in application of Six Sigma methodology * Applied knowledge of project management tools and processes (e.g. management of integration, scope, time, budget, quality, human resources, communications, risk assessment and mitigation) * Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and influence skills; experience influencing others without direct authority * Appropriately network across a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders * Strong Business Acumen; Ability to leverage business principles to support the portfolio * Flexibility to adapt quickly and effectively to changing situations and priorities
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Research & Development
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1606446
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled