AbbVie Senior Financial Analyst - R&D in Lake County, Illinois
The Sr. Financial Analyst will be a part of our growing R&D organization. The position will be responsible for the forecasting, financial analysis, and budgetary reconciliation of the clinical trial budgets for a Therapeutic Area.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with Clinical team and Therapeutic Area Finance Management to create clinical study forecasts used in monthly LBE submission.
- Forecast, track, and analyze clinical study financial data for a Therapeutic Area
- Resolve study budget deviations in a timely manner
- Communicate quality clinical study budget information and metrics to Clinical Management to aid in planning decisions.
- Support international affiliates with site negotiations and other Clinical Trial activities
- Manage study budgets efficiently and comply with new regulatory requirements.
- Interact with various levels of management and functions within the organization, including but not limited to Clinical Program Management, International Clinical Field Operations, Therapeutic Area Finance Managers, Outsourcing, Payment Specialists
- Utilize multiple financial and reporting systems including: Quantum, PBR, eR/OSS, Impact, and investigator budget determining software (Grant Plan).
Provide ad-hoc analysis as requested Skill Set:
Effectively manage unexpected changes in workload and seek guidance as appropriate.
- Strong organizational, systems, analytical, problem solving, planning and decision making skills. Be detail-oriented, thorough, and accountable for work product prepared and presented.
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities and shifting priorities under tight timeframes.
- A highly motivated self-starter who can translate broad directions into high quality analytical output.
- 5 years of progressive Accounting/Finance
- BA/BS in Finance or Accounting
- CPA/CMA preferred
- MBA a plus
- Exposure to the Oncology Therapeutic Area a plus
- Clinical knowledge a plus
- Strong PC/systems and analysis skills required.
Job Classification: Experienced
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Organization: Research & Development
Req ID: 1606470
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled