Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Program Assistant (OA) (Service Center Support Asst), GS-303-6/7 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) MJ "P" in Lakewood, Colorado
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Lakewood, CO
Work Schedule is Full Time - - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (5 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 10/24/2016 (2 day(s) away)
About the Agency
This position is located in a Service Center, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The employee serves as an Administrative/Management Support Assistant and provides various administrative and support for the accomplishment of the work of the Service Center Director, as well as to the Regional Field Administrator/Field Administrator.
This position is perfect for a new or mid-career administrative professional who is looking for excellent benefits. The ideal candidate possesses strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), has excellent organizational abilities, gives attention to detail and has a highly developed customer service ethic. Additionally, the candidate has experience monitoring an office budget, and fielding telephone calls. A candidate with knowledge of federal policies and regulations for travel, procurement, time keeping and records management are a plus.
The employee must be able to type a minimum of 40 WPM to perform the day-to-day duties and responsibilities required for the position.
PLEASE NOTE: This vacancy is limited to the first 75 applications received and will close at midnight on the*closing date or at Midnight on the day we receive the 75th application, whichever comes first.*
As a Program Assistant (OA),you will:
- Be responsible for procurement services (services under $2,500.00); and in some offices may be responsible for credit card purchases. Verifies the accuracy of periodic budget and accounting reports to confirm charges and status of allotment, reconciling any differences or questionable charges. Prepares periodic reports for expenditures covering travel, training, supplies, equipment, and other items under the responsibility of the Regional Field Administrator and Service Center Director.
- Be responsible for processing of all procurement requests for the Service Center. Acts as a liaison between the Service Center and Headquarters on matters dealing with procurement, contracts, and other administrative duties. Assists in maintaining controls for the spending of budgeted funds forlocal managers and the Regional Field.
- Provide a variety of complex and difficult program and technical support services in areas such as office management, property inventory, correspondence management and control, administrative and program management services assistance, time and attendance reporting, travel assistance, and coordinating conferences and other similar events.
- Oversee the review of travel orders for conformity with current regulations and maintains a register of trips performed by all Service Center personnel to assure that travel allocations in the appropriations are not exceeded. Provide advice and guidance to staff on voucher preparation, per diem, other travel regulations, and FMCSA procedures.
- Prepare, edits and compiles a variety of technical, management, and administrative reports, briefings, and reviews which contain narrative and statistical information, data, and analysis on the workload, mission, functions and accomplishments of the Service Center.
- Occasional Travel
- This position will require infrequent travel.
- Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- Announcement also advertised Merit Promotion: FMCSA.FO-2016-0370
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience.
To qualify for the GS-6 on Experience,you must have at least one year of equal or equivalent experience, it must include:
- Experience compiling information for weekly or monthly activity reports.
- Experience establishing and/or updating tracking or records/database management systems
Experience using word processing software to prepare a variety of documents. To qualify for the GS-7 on Experience,you must have at least one year of equal or equivalent experience, it must include:
Experience performing office management functions, ordering supplies and equipment, preparing correspondence, using spreadsheets and other software to keep records of expenditures and other administrative functions. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION: A background security investigation is required for all selected individuals. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of the security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- TYPING: You must possess a typing speed of at least 40 words per minute with three (3) or fewer errors.
- THIS POSITION INVOLVES TRAVEL: A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check your application status into by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.
Review our benefits
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
Salary Range: $38,728.00 to $55,948.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-06/07
Promotion Potential: 07
Supervisory Status: No
Control Number: 453393200
Job Announcement Number: FMCSA.FO-2016-0375