Washington State DSHS Admission Consultation Practitioner in Lakewood, Washington
DSHS Triage and Consultation Practitioner
The Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) is seeking a professional who has the advanced expertise and strong independent judgement to provide leadership and services in our triage with determining priority admission to Western State Hospital. Working with external and internal stakeholders, bring your experience and talents to deliver our mission - "Transforming Lives".
Some of what you'll do
- Receive and review requests from various agencies to conduct triage assessments of individuals who are court ordered to receive mental health services
- Conduct assessments in-person at referring locations or through telephone or video conference
- Provide assessments findings and recommendations for admissions priority to Western State Hospital (WSH) Medical Director
- Provide consultation to external agencies for care and treatment of individuals who are court ordered to receive services
- Confer with the Medical Director as needed to determine recommended care and treatment strategies
- Provide training to external agencies on the care and treatment of individuals who are court ordered to receive mental health services
- Creates and maintains data bases that track resident progress through the treatment phases and other department outcomes.
Who should apply? Professionals with a valid license to practice as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner holds a current certification as an Adult Psychiatric – Mental Health Practitioner an approved national certification program;
A minimum of five years of professional work experience as an ARNP (Adult Psychiatric – Mental Health Practitioner)
What we're looking for
- Experience providing mental health triage and assessment of court committed individuals for placement in appropriate treatment settings
- Proven experience providing mental health consultation services within scope of required license and certification, including recommendations about medications, treatment plans, testing and behavioral interventions
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and clinical observation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and lead groups to positive outcomes in difficult discussions
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to successfully interact with executive management, customers, vendors and all levels of employees of an organization from diverse technical backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and multiple simultaneous work streams
- Excellent communication skills verbally and written
If you have any questions, please contact Ben Lloyd at 360-972-6854.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. #WorkAtWestern #LI-BL1
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-128 YX60 YX59
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $104,000.00 - $114,000.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA