HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Case Manager - Registered Nurse (PRN) in Largo, Florida
Largo Medical Center is a 425-bed teaching hospital serving the community from two campuses. The facility is part of the HCA West Florida Hospital division, which is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery, and diagnostic imaging facilities that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West Florida communities. Last year the HCA West Florida Division treated approximately 1 million patients. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services operating 163 hospitals and 112 outpatient centers nationwide.
The RN Case Manger will facilitate the interdisciplinary plan of care with a focus on evaluating the appropriateness of clinical care, medical necessity, admission status, level of care, and resource management. The RN Case Manager will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The RN Case Manager will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes and will facilitate appropriate discharge plans.
- RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
- Three years of recent nursing experience in acute care setting. Hospital Case Management experience required.
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
Title: Case Manager - Registered Nurse (PRN)
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center- Largo
Requisition ID: 00144-10016