PPG Industries Color & Design Specialist in Las Vegas, Nevada
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.3 billion in 2015. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit http://www.ppg.com/.
Show your colors to the world! Join us as a COLOR & DESIGN CONSULTANT!
• Our commercial color designers help customers choose the perfect paint colors for any project—from hotels to new homes to office buildings to health care and senior living. They offer design services with an eye for the occupied space and how color interacts with furniture, window treatments, flooring and accessories. Every Color & Design Specialist brings their own style while listening to and understanding the customers’ voice.
• Organize, plan and execute trade show presentations, providing color training and color trends to prospects and to PPG store and sales colleagues.
• Support architectural reps by conducting joint calls and CEU presentations for firms and specifiers.
• Hold leadership position in at least one local chapter of one or more of the following professional organizations: ASID, IIDA, and NKBA.
• Call on commercial interior designers to secure color spec share.
• Have the ambition to solidify as a subject matter expert on color theory, relationship of color and human behavior/interaction, and customer color schemes and palettes.
The position requires the ability to do “on-the-spot color consultations” and recommendations to consumers, hotels, office building owners, new homebuilders, and education and retail customers. Ability to communicate, present and negotiate well are essential. Other fundamental focus areas will be to develop and coach field sales teams and to implement a measurement system that demonstrates training effectiveness.
The ideal candidate must have a four-year marketing or color-related, interior design degree, plus the ability to step into this role and immediately have an impact in customer outreach, sales revenue and brand recognition.
A successful career in this role requires flexibility of hours as some evenings and weekends will be expected.
If you have had prior experience in the paint and coatings industry, be sure to list it on your resume.
Candidates who have the ability to listen well to their customers will likely excel in this role.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred. Social media strategies will also ensure greater success as a Color & Design Consultant.
Approximately 20% of regional travel will be expected as you reach into new markets and present to various audiences. At times, you will be meeting with customers on their job sites and touring their facilities.
Title: Color & Design Specialist
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas
Requisition ID: 1600005626