HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Services Technician - Emergency Department - PRN/Varied in Las Vegas, Nevada
Provides safe care in compliance with Standards of Care and Practice. Completes competency skills checklist within 3 months of hire.
Collects/Conveys information to the physicians/RN’s regarding health status of patients, contributes information to the RNs for the development and modification of patients plan of care, assists the RNs in delivering and documenting care provided to the patient, provides for patient safety, attends meetings and in-services as required by department policy, contributes to the growth and development of both department and self, maintains a well stocked unit, maintains competence with patient charting system, and maintains good working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians, RNs, co-workers, and all members of the healthcare team.
The ED Tech remains calm in crisis and emergency situations and demonstrates excellent customer skills. Responsibilities to include, assisting in the care of neonatal through geriatric, by transporting patients in the hospital, drawing labs, specimen collection, perform EKG, establish IV lines, and other tasks within scope of practice, as directed by the department director, physician or designee.
- /Excellent communication skills are required. Completion of a DOT approved EMT-Intermediate or Paramedic program./**
- /Current BLS/**
- /Certified as an EMT-I or EMT-P pursuant to the SNHD EMS & Trauma System Regs, Section 400./**
- /2-3 years working as a certified EMT-I required/
- /Certified EMT-P preferred/
- /Effective verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and medical terminology./**
Title: Emergency Services Technician - Emergency Department - PRN/Varied
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-3538