HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Critical Care in Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Staff Nurse of the Peri-Operative Services should be clinically competent in his/her area of peri-operative nursing, with, interfacing directly with patients, physicians and families.
- The Staff Nurse must have the ability to made decisions accurately and timely taking clinical and environmental factors into consideration.
- The Staff Nurse‘s area of responsibility in the O.R. may be stressful at times, with multi-tasking skills essential.
- The Staff Nurse will be expected to participate in the on-call roster as needed,
- Participate in all Core Measures, SCIP initiatives, Safety initiatives as determined by the Hospital
- Participate in all annual educational requirements, including Healthstream, Code of Conduct
- Participate in all regulatory compliance initiatives, and any regulatory body inspections.
- Clinically proficient in his or her area of expertise- General, Orthopedic, ENT, Gyn, Peripheral Vascular, Urology, or any other service line as developed by the hospital.
- Understand and practice to his/her Scope of Practice as delineate by the State Board of Nursing in Nevada.
- The Staff Nurse should also be aware of the practice limitations for other certified or licensed staff whom he/she supervises, and make assignments and decisions based upon this knowledge
- Understand and resource the facility wide Policies and Procedures, and act as a resource for the staff he/she supervises.
- The Staff Nurse should be aware of both the departmental and facility’s Chain of command, reporting mechanisms and reporting incidents in the work environment in a timely and factual manner.
- The Staff Nurse is a essential point of contact for staff, ancillary departments, physicians, patients & families, and is expected to communicate and interact in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Complete all annual requirements regarding Age Specific educational requirements from Infant through geriatric.
- The Staff Nurse is expected to complete and maintain all annual educational requirements as determined by the department/hospital using Healthstream, Skills Labs, In-services, meetings and or required classes.
- The Staff Nurse should also seek out clinical workshops or educational seminars in an effort to not only remain clinically competent, but the increase clinical proficiency and efficiencies, skills, knowledge and abilities.
- The Staff Nurse is expected to participate in problem solving, communicating outcomes and resolutions, following all prudent and reasonable efforts to share the information.
- The Staff Nurse is expected to actively participate in Survey Readiness, Emergency preparedness meeting, Inventory counts, and attend staff meetings
- The Staff Nurse is expected to know and understand Core Measures and actively support all Quality Initiatives.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing, or equivalent Health Science degree or higher
- Licensed in State of Nevada – Registered Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years in Peri-Operative Services, for either Surgery & Endoscopy
- Moderate Sedation – in house certification
- AORN /CNOR preferred.
Title: RN Critical Care
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-3429