Ally Financial Sr Product Analyst in Lewisville, Texas
Deposits Products & Marketing
Jul 29, 2016
The role will drive and support operational initiatives and activities for the North American auto operations group through rigorous data analysis. Ally's ability to bring on new business will be dependent on our ability to continuously improve our product line up against the competition. This requires a dedicated and focused professional to measure and monitor Ally product offering effectiveness, to review customer data, to understand the story behind the numbers, and to recommend enhancements/improvements to product offerings based on sound analysis. As a member of our Product Management team you will be required to respond quickly to business opportunities as they arise while maintaining day-to-day operational activities.
- Gather business requirements
- Document and define clear business requirements
- Track project and products through the development and execution lifecycle (project management type work)
- Communicate project status to appropriate parties
- Perform testing and validation activities
- Conduct vendor management activities
- Collaborate within Product Mgt team and across support partner / functional teams, including technology partners
- Dig into process details to find solutions
- Assist in developing user friendly, compliant solutions
- Recommend and execute on ideas to increase efficiency / enhance effectiveness
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred. 5 + years in customer service or financial services industry is needed. At least 2 years leadership experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of automotive business functions and processes, preferably indirect auto finance
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively transfer thoughts and ideas into a cohesive and informative story
- Computer software skills including Microsoft office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project), SQL, etc., intermediate or advanced Microsoft powerpoint skills required
- User research skills -- ability to truly understand customers, articulate their pain points, desires, and needs
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills (specifically, ability to make informed decisions based on data
- Strategic thinking capabilities (specifically, ability to translate an understanding of the current market, where it's going, what competition is doing, etc into defining the product and the roadmap for execution)
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise with the opportunity, experience and people to redefine the industry.
Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Corporate Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function Description
Ally Auto's U.S. auto finance operations provide a wide array of financial products and services to automotive dealerships and retail automotive customers in the United States. Together with Dealer Products and Services, the U.S. auto finance team has built strong dealer relationships by offering high-quality wholesale financing services, attractive volume incentives and a full array of highly competitive products like extended service contracts, dealership insurance products and more.
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
ALLY JOB REQUISITION: 16-5899
POSITION LEVEL: Experienced
AVAILABLE WORK LOCATIONS: Texas (Lewisville)