Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician, Medical Officer of the Day (MOD, Fee Basis) in Little Rock, Arkansas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Many vacancies in the following locations:
- Little Rock, AR
- North Little Rock, AR
Work Schedule is Intermittent - Excepted Service NTE NTE 3 Years
Opened Tuesday 3/1/2016 (234 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 2/28/2017 (130 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): T1636572
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System has openings for Fee Basis appointments as a Medical Officer of the Day (MOD) at both the Little Rock Campus (LR) and the North Little Rock Campus (NLR).
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an on-going basis; qualified applicants will be considered and referred as vacancies become available.
Compensation for the Direct Care Line Hospitalist team $1500 for HOD/MOD MDs 10-hour tour (7AM 5:30PM)-$150 per hr $750 5-hour tour (7:00PM-12Midnight)-$150 per hr Both tours will also receive the additional CPT codes as listed below
* Compensation for services as an MOD/HOD for the LR Team 5/Team 6* $1,800 12-hour visit Monday-Friday $1,860 12-hour visit Weekend $1,920 12-hour visit Holidays In addition MD receives compensation based on the CPT codes below.
Compensation for services as an HOD in NLR $1,400 weekdays, 5:30p-7a(14-hour tour) $1,260 weekends, 7a-7p/7p-7a (12-hour tour) $1,320 holidays 7a-7p/7p-7a (12-hour tour).
Compensation for your services as an HOD in the LR Emergency Deptartment $1260 weekdays, 5p-7a (14-hour tour) $1260 weekends, 7a-7p/7p-7a (12 hour tour) $450 weekdays, 5p-10p (5-hour tour) $1050 for weekends, 12n-10p (10-hour tour) $1320 for holidays 7a-7p/7p-7a (12-hour tour).
Compensation for your services as an HOD for the LR General Medicine Team 5/Team 6 will be $1,200 for a 12-hour visit Monday-Friday, $1,260 for a 12-hour visit Saturday-Sunday, $1,320 for a 12-hour visit on Holidays. In addition MD receives compensation based on the CPT codes below.
* Code* * Reimbursement* 99222 $141,32 99223 $207.90 99232 $ 76.52 99233 $109.67 99291 $242.38 99238 $ 75.81 99239 $ 85.33
The annual limitation of earnings will be $150,200 per annum.
- Running Cardiac Arrest Codes, triaging, stabilizing and arranging transfer of acutely ill patients
- Management of medical conditions
- Populations served include cute rehabilitation geriatric evaluation, management and rehabilitation, long-term care, acute and chronic mentally ill patients, and domiciliary residents
- Coverage also includes employee health and visitor needs
- Care and documentation must comply with VA standards, rules, regulations, and policies
Work Schedule: Nights, weekends and holidays
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. Permanent Residents may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Preference may be given to those with additional subspecialty training.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: Light lifting and carrying; reaching above the shoulder; use of fingers and both hands; walking; correctable vision and hearing; mental and emotional stability.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. The VHA physician brochure provides an overview of the benefits associated with a VA practice.
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time physicians at the rate of 26 days per leave year (1 day per pay period).
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Salary Range: $0.00 to $150,200.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0602-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 431301800
Job Announcement Number: RQ-16-TB-1636572