Citi 9/12 Month FTC EMEA Markets and Securities Services Rates and Currencies FP&A Lead in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Finance
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16068462
EMEA FP and A provide:
• Analysis and review of financial performance, especially drivers, trends, and the competitive environment, to enhance understanding thereof on the part of management, the Board, regulators and shareholders
• Insightful analysis as the foundation for strategic decision-making, resource allocation and performance management
• Tools, analytical capability and data to support thoughtful planning and target setting, as well as to drive business initiatives
• The means by which the businesses both implement and measure the impact of those decisions and targets, and identify and implement course corrections
• EMEA FP and A covers all aspects of the Citi Franchise including: Products, Geographies, Clients, Functions and O and T. It is part of the EMEA Finance team
• Rates and Currencies (R and C) is a major business segment within ICG, covering the entire EMEA geography, organised around products, geographic clusters and client segments. This role covers the FXLM, G10 Rates, Markets Treasury, Finance Desk and Commodities and is part of the EMEA Markets and Securities Services FP and A team
• The role requires close partnership with R and C management and requires high level of business understanding and interaction with the R and C product heads.
• The role will work in close partnership with EMEA ICG FP and A team and Mumbai CSC to meet FP and A deliverables
• This is an exciting and challenging new role requiring the establishment of efficient operating practice and networks
• This role is based in London
Based upon the Job Purpose described above, the key responsibilities are:
• Performance Measurement: Analyse and explanation of key movements and trends in Business and Legal Entity P and L, Balance Sheet, efficiency and return metrics; including linkage with business drivers and client trends
• Reporting: comprehensive management information for business, leveraging Performance Management Toolkit and driving enhancements as required.
• Assessment of Market and Competitive Environment: including competitive benchmarking, macroeconomic/environment assessment, market share analysis/wallet sizing, and understanding trends in client revenue, volume and deal pipeline
• Driving Business-specific aspects of the Integrated Capital Planning process, including coordinating business engagement for CCAR.
• Productivity: Work with Business and across Finance to understand and improve efficiency and returns, particularly Operating Efficiency, RoA, and RoTCE. Drive execution of initiatives in partnership with Business.
• Drive strategic exercises, working closely with R and C businesses and EMEA ICG FP and A team, including ad-hoc analysis.
• Supporting Senior Management: Co-ordination and preparation of presentation material and talking points for any internal or external meetings
• Supporting Senior Management: Being a trusted advisor
• Internal Client Meetings: Participation in both ad-hoc and regular meetings requiring presentation of financial information to the R and C businesses.
• Engagement: Proactively engage and interface across Business, Finance and other relevant functional areas to leverage information and processes to meet requirements whilst avoiding unnecessary duplication
• Develop a detailed understanding of Markets and Securities Services business (specifically R and C products) from both a financial and business perspective
• Developing or furthering the skills used to provide the organisation with the ability to; allocate resources, execute plans, analyse and anticipate performance in the context of the market, competitive and regulatory environment
• Develop local and remote people management skills, negotiation skills and influencing skills
• Significant interaction with other areas of FP and A, Finance (i.e. Controllers, Treasury and Tax) and the Business will enhance network and personal effectiveness
• Significant scope for improving FP and A process and practice (as part of Global FP and A transformation efforts)
• Breadth of role will provide significant business and personal development opportunities
• Provides interaction opportunities with senior business leadership
• Excellent working knowledge of the ICG businesses
• Prior experience of working within FP and A or similar function
• Working in a Finance role with multiple stakeholders and in an organisation with a matrix management structure
• Ability to communicate simply, clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, adjusting style to suit the audience
• Demonstrated strength in detailed financial analysis
• Strong communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior-level executives
• Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• Strong financial accounting background with post qualification experience
• Familiarity with Financial Services Industry and/or related business products would be desirable but not essential Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the Firm
• Ambitious and hard working
• Willing to learn
• Be a team player
• Positive and pro-active attitude
• Ability to manage multiple demands
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer