Citi Commodities Derivatives – Electronification Team Lead in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16031768
The “Commodities Derivatives – Electronification Team Lead” role will manage the team in London and assume global responsibilities as required to support the Commodities Technology management team. The candidate will work in the Commodities Technology team to assist with the implementation and growth of financial and physical commodity derivatives trading supported for Electronification across a number of application.
The role will be a mix of technical problem solving, team management and business stakeholder management.
The team lead will work closely with business counterparts on the Oil, Gas and Power, Precious and Base, Bulks and Exotics desks to deliver new products and improvements in the areas of electronic trading and automation of all trade flows front to back.
We are looking to hire the best candidates with proven track records of successful deliveries in the derivatives space.
This team lead role has arisen due to growth in the commodities business globally
Citi currently uses several applications – both in-house and vendor based for front to back management of commodities derivatives trades.
The Electronic platform itself is being re-engineered in phases to provide a scalable, stable solution which supports quick and efficient on-boarding of new products and scale for increasing deal volumes.
The successful candidate will have strong technical knowledge of derivatives, pricing using different models, Microsoft technologies like .net/WPF, a strong ownership ethos, a track record of delivery on both large and small scale projects and extensive domain experience in at least one derivatives trading business.
• Line management of team members across different applications
• Partnership with quants and other teams associated with the front to back stack
• End to end ownership of project deliveries
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Front office stakeholders – including both sales and trading
• Developing and maintaining a strong team globally
• Technical and Functional Architecture of the Commodities derivatives business electronic trading platform.
• An ideal opportunity to expand and/or enhance financial derivatives knowledge and physical product knowledge front to back in the global Commodities sector.
• An opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft technologies and low latency applications
• Ongoing product rollout in Citi and expansion in physical markets
• Derivatives products implementation in one or more of the following areas : FX, Rates, Equities, Credit or commodities
• Strong understanding of derivatives pricing and risk management
• Extensive technical knowledge of Microsoft platforms
• Trading environment experience (Investment Bank or large Commodities/Energy Trader)
• Strong understanding of the front to back derivatives trade lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Delivery Focussed –ability to manage both large and small projects end to end
• Team management experience on teams of 20• Extensive experience delivery to a global business with a geographically dispersed team
• Ability to deep dive on technical/functional issues with an eye for detail whilst otherwise operating at a more macro level
• Software development background
• Technical and business architecture experience
• Low latency high frequency messaging, Grid experience
• Java/C#/C++ development experience
• Relevant education to degree level or relevant practical experience.
• Positive, “can do” attitude.
• Ability to take a general direction and create a specific solution
• Team player;
• Positive and motivated individual with an ability to satisfy customer requirements;
• Analytic and problem solving skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Status Reporting;
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer