BT Finance Manager in London, United Kingdom
BT Centre - London
Why this role matters
The role of Finance Manager (FM) sits within the BT Group Competition Finance team and contributes to the production of the Regulatory Financial Statements (RFS) and supporting information for BT. The RFS reports revenue and cost information for services within markets where BT is deemed to have significant market power (SMP). The RFS forms part of BT’s regulatory obligations.
To enable the above, the Finance Manager Competition Finance, Analysis:
· provides timely and accurate regulatory financial analysis and information to enable the revenues and cost allocations for certain markets within the RFS to be established and verified.
· oversees certain cost allocation models and methodologies (and changes to those applicable) for certain specific market(s) within the RFS.
· operates robustly controlled process in producing the RFS inputs for their area.
What I’ll be doing
In the following areas, I will:
· RFS Process
Operate excel models for revenues/cost allocation models to time and quality
Propose potential methodology changes and manage the process of implementation of changes (the ASIG process).
Ensure timely receipt of accurate input data from suppliers
Ensure process and methodology documentation is accurate and up to date
· Stakeholder management
Engage proactively as a business partner with the respective lines of business (LoB), providing analysis and feedback on draft RFS outputs
Work with Competition Finance Strategy to provide Ofcom with required information (S.135 and market review responses)
Assist internal and external audit in their reviews by providing explanations and analysis in response to their queries
Provide summaries of market performance to senior management or governance forums
· Insights and Analysis
Through the evaluation process, assess or review results of runs and conclude whether outcomes are consistent with explanations
Review and advise on reporting implications of potential methodology changes
Pro-actively consider impacts of wider regulatory or accounting changes
Perform ad-hoc work as required
· Risk and controls
Understand and comply with the current risk and control framework (R&CF) ensuring that relevant controls are operated effectively
Develop new controls where weaknesses in the current R&CF are identified
· Continuous improvement
Embed and support a culture of continuous improvement whilst meeting business objectives
Drive and support any relevant transformation change projects
· People Management
Set objectives for direct reports
Manage Performance and workload of direct reports to achieve objectives
Coach and develop team
· Project Management
- Assist PMO in setting milestone and deliverables throughout RFS process and manage resources to those milestones.
The skills & experience you need
· Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) or relevant technical experience
· Excellent communication skills – ability to effectively convey detailed information to non-subject matter experts
· High level of skill in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
· Team management experience
· Motivated to building and being a contributing member of a high performing team
· Telecoms industry experience
· Regulatory Finance (e.g. Charge controls) experience
· System knowledge of Hyperion and Sharepoint
These are our values, they show us the right thing to do
We are all connected by our shared values; Personal, Simple and Brilliant. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Everyone should be guided by our values. If you are leader, you will need to understand and demonstrate the Connected Leaders behaviours which you can find on the BT Intranet.
Title: Finance Manager
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-London-London
Requisition ID: 73231