Citi ICG AML Compliance Officer for Markets & Securities Services “MSS” in London, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 16067426
Compliance proactively identifies, assesses, reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. Compliance sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. Compliance is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
The EMEA AML ICG Advisory Markets and Securities Services “MSS” and Corporate Investment Banking and Capital Markets Origination “CIB / CMO” team works with global, regional and country AML Compliance Officers, Sanctions, ABandC and Legal colleagues, to assist the business in complying with all applicable AML laws, regulations and internal policies. The team is responsible for ensuring the delivery of AML compliance and regulatory advice and training in regards to all CIB / CMO episodic transactions and Markets and Securities Services products which are booked onto UK legal vehicles by banking teams and Sales and Trading personnel located across 50+ countries in the EMEA region.
The team obtains and conducts due diligence reviews of CIB / CMO episodic transactions from a reputational, franchise and AML risk perspective, and is responsible for ensuring Know Your Customer (KYC) / Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) is conducted to UK regulatory standards and transactional risk acceptance is in place prior to the CIB / CMO businesses establishing a business relationship or conducting a financial transaction. The team is also responsible for providing advice and guidance to the Markets Accounts Control Group / Client On-Boarding Group in relation to UK regulatory and Citi policy KYC / due diligence requirements and is the first point of contact for all UK Markets and Securities Services Sales and Trading personnel in relation to client / trade AML escalations.
The team also works closely with Markets and CIB / CMO Product Compliance and In-Business Risk functions to ensure that the business is in compliance with UK legal and regulatory standards and Citi AML policies and standards and ensuring completion of both product and enterprise wide AML risk assessments.
The team is also the point of escalation for Country AMLCO’s /AML Cluster Heads for all AML matters relating to the Markets and Securities Services and CIB / CMO businesses across the EMEA region.
ICG AML Compliance Officer for Markets and Securities Services
The role will have primary coverage responsibility for Markets and Securities (MSS) and will report directly to the AML Head of MSS. Additionally, this role would also provide support to CIB/CMO team, where required.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain the AML compliance program for the business, including assessment of risks, development of policies, procedures, implementation of firm’s AML policy, and appropriate governance/MIS mechanisms.
• Advise on new Business initiatives, new products, business acquisitions, and client-related matters
• Participate in and help or coordinate, as appropriate, various internal assurance processes, e.g. Regional Enterprise wide and Horizontal risk assessments, self-assessment, internal audit or compliance testing review across the region.
• Assist in the development and execution of product specific AML training, as required
• Work collaboratively with the business, Operations, IT and other strategic partners to design effective AML protocols
• Work with and guide the team of CIB / CMO AML compliance professionals, and liaise with other regional AMLCO’s
• Maintain adequate procedures for review of CIB/CMO/Issuer Services transactions from an AML / Sanctions / ABandC / reputation risk perspective, including maintenance of documentation related to due diligence / review, and generation of relevant MIS.
• Review and provide guidance on the CIB / CMO transactions and their permissibility or potential risks
• Liaise with Deal Teams, Relationship Managers, Legal, Sanctions Team, and Local AML Compliance Officers as necessary, and present to Commitment Committee, BPC or other senior escalation forums as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• The candidate must have excellent knowledge of the UK laws, rules and regulations applicable to AML, Sanctions and ABandC. This shall include an appreciation of financial crime risks as well as the necessary control environment required to mitigate these risks.
• Be a subject matter expertise with extensive compliance related experience in financial services, with prior experience directly related to investment banking and / or markets businesses
• Possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to guide and train a team of compliance professionals, and liaise with the regional network with EMEA AMLCOs
• Must have a good understanding of risks across emerging markets and high risk industries
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills and ability to work under pressure
• Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload daily
• Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other advisory and functional units and be able to navigate within a global organization
• Have strong interpersonal and both oral / written communications skills, and be able to interact effectively with senior management
• Possess a good understanding of UK / EU AML requirements applicable to banks and broker dealers, and have a general awareness of regulatory requirements including local, international standards, industry standards and best practices
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer