BNY Mellon Senior Technical Architect - EMEA Innovation Centre in London, United Kingdom
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
The role represents an exciting opportunity to join a group of talented developers and architects working in our EMEA innovation centre. The EMEA innovation centre has been specifically designed to offer a client co-creation facility for exploration and rapid prototyping and we are looking for highly talented technical architects to be part of a team designed to deliver MVP-driven rapid prototyping and full stack solution designs.
In this client facing role, you should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work well in a team but also be a leader and an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
• Deliver innovative and creative end-to-end designs and solutions in line with BNY Mellon’s digital philosophy and overall architecture
• Build relationships and work collaboratively with wider technology teams globally, leveraging company capabilities and review IT architectures and projects across BNY Mellon geographies
• Partner with clients, business lines and fintechs to improve business processes through co-creation and technology innovation
• Point of contact for internal technical teams, clients and business lines for education and co-creation
• Technically own and manage the process and quality of design, build and integration of the various elements of solutions
• Manage the integration of the various elements of the architecture with assistance from technical teams
• Research emerging technologies, processes and best practices
• Experience in all/some of – JEE, Web Application Frameworks, databases (relational and other), Cloud, messaging, integration, APIs
• Awesome technical polyglot with experience of shipping production code across a full-stack environment
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams, clients, fintechs and other BNY Mellon entities
• Experienced in solution design with knowledge of architecture frameworks and industry best practices
• Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery etc
• Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
• Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others
• Demonstrable strong track record in delivery of complex solutions and projects
• Experienced in using Open source technologies
• Experience of working in finance an advantage
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.*
Primary Location:* United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job:* Information Technology
Internal Jobcode:* 60198
Organization:* Client Experience Delivery-HR11324
Requisition Number:* 1613572
Category: Information Technology